|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Eréndira and her grandmother?
2. What burns down the grandmother's house in "The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and Her Heartless Grandmother"?
3. What item does Mina make to sell?
4. In "One Day After Saturday," how many bedrooms does Rebecca's house have?
5. How old is Father Anthony Isabel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mina make roses?
2. How do the women believe Esteban's compatriots must have felt about him?
3. What does Damaso plan to do with the stolen goods, and what becomes of his plans?
4. According to Jacob's wife, what is the significance of the smell in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
5. How do the villagers react when Balthazar leaves the cage with his patron, and why?
6. Describe José Montiel's family situation.
7. Why are Mina's sleeves important in "Artificial Roses"?
8. Describe the drowned man in "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World."
9. How do the villagers react to the old man in "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings," and why?
10. How does the protagonist of "The Last Voyage" affect the ghost ship's passage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the three sleepwalkers as a character and as a narrative device, explaining how their perspective on the events of the story shapes the reader's perception.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the heroism of Nabo and another character.
Essay Topic 3
Explicate the role of honor and shame in "Tuesday Siesta."
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)