|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sea of Lost Time," which stranger comes to town?
2. What is the antivenom made of in "Blacamán"?
3. What type of bird is supposed to live in the large bird cage?
4. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man," how many languages does the captain in the villagers' daydream speak?
5. Which character wants a fake ID in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the senator thinking about death in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
2. Describe what Mr. Herbert and Tobías find to eat in "The Sea of Lost Time."
3. Summarize Damaso's experience in the pool hall as described in the beginning of "There Are No Thieves in This Town."
4. What does Nelson Farina want from the senator, and why?
5. According to Jacob's wife, what is the significance of the smell in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
6. How do the villagers react to the old man in "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings," and why?
7. How does the protagonist of "The Last Voyage" affect the ghost ship's passage?
8. What do the birds do in "One Day After Saturday," and why?
9. Why is the boy traveling in "One Day After Saturday"?
10. Describe some of the people who come to Big Mama's funeral.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the tension between dream and reality in "Eyes of a Blue Dog."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of women in García Márquez's literary world.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two victimized characters and compare and contrast their experiences, particularly in how their stories end.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)