|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the executor of José Montiel's estate?
2. Where is Balthazar at the end of the story?
3. What item does Mina make to sell?
4. In "A Very Old Man," what does the spider woman eat?
5. How much does Balthazar end up charging for the bird cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the birds do in "One Day After Saturday," and why?
2. Describe José Montiel's family situation.
3. Explain how the grandmother of "The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and Her Heartless Grandmother" dies.
4. Describe what Mr. Herbert and Tobías find to eat in "The Sea of Lost Time."
5. Describe the manner in which the old man leaves the town.
6. Why do the missionaries kidnap Eréndira, and what do they do with her?
7. How does the protagonist of "The Last Voyage" affect the ghost ship's passage?
8. Describe some of the people who come to Big Mama's funeral.
9. Why is the senator thinking about death in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
10. Describe Balthazar's cage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changing setting in "Eva Is Inside Her Cat" and how it affects the reader's understanding of the story's events.
Essay Topic 2
Explain García Márquez's writing style in "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship" and make a defense for it as an adequate way to convey the narrator's state of mind.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the heroism of Nabo and another character.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)