|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman in "Bitterness" always "carry"?
2. How long does the protagonist of "Dialogue" take for his morning routine?
3. What is the weather at the end of "Monologue"?
4. What is the protagonist in "Dialogue with the Mirror" thinking about in the first paragraph?
5. What time is it at the beginning of "Tuesday Siesta"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock."
2. Why does the woman in "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock" so emphasize the time?
3. Who is waiting for Nabo, and why?
4. Describe the villagers' initial reaction to the rain in "Monologue of Isabel."
5. Summarize what happens while the woman is talking to the priest in "Tuesday Siesta."
6. At what point do the characters in "Monologue" start to pray, and why?
7. How does the dentist initially handle the Mayor's request in "One of These Days," and why?
8. Describe the woman's appearance when she came to the narrator's house in "Someone."
9. How do the sleepwalkers try to calm the woman?
10. Describe the setting at the end of "Eva."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the setting of "Monologue of Isabel" may possibly function as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Explicate the role of honor and shame in "Tuesday Siesta."
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze García Márquez's use of non-visual imagery in "Night of the Curlews."
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)