|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mentioned as ending the lovers' dreams?
2. What word does the protagonist of "Dialogue" struggle to remember?
3. What is the woman doing in the beginning of "Eyes"?
4. At the beginning of the story, how long has Nabo been asleep?
5. To what does Eva compare her beauty in "Eva Is Inside Her Cat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock."
2. Explain the doctor's diagnosis and treatment for the protagonist of "The Third Resignation."
3. Describe the protagonist's dream in "The Other Side of Death."
4. Explain how the protagonist of "Dialogue" tries to fool his reflection and why.
5. Describe the woman's appearance when she came to the narrator's house in "Someone."
6. Why do the sleepwalkers want the woman to cry?
7. What smell is present in "The Other Side of Death," and why is it significant?
8. How do the sleepwalkers try to calm the woman?
9. Describe the noise the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" hears.
10. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the theme of the death of a family member as it occurs in "The Other Side of Death" and "Dialogue with the Mirror."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the setting of "Monologue of Isabel" may possibly function as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the magic realism found in "Death Constant Beyond Love" to that found in other stories.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)