|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did the protagonist's brother die, as described in "The Other Side of Death"?
2. What day is it at the beginning of "Someone Has Been Disarranging These Roses"?
3. In "Night," what did the woman say caused the man's blindness?
4. In "One of These Days," what is the Mayor supposed to gargle?
5. What type of flower does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" smell as he is contemplating his decay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
2. Explain Eva's relationship to her beauty in "Eva Is Inside Her Cat."
3. Why does the woman in "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock" so emphasize the time?
4. Describe the setting at the end of "Eva."
5. As mentioned in "The Other Side of Death," explain the barber's role in the funeral preparations.
6. Explain the doctor's diagnosis and treatment for the protagonist of "The Third Resignation."
7. Describe the setting of "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock."
8. What causes the woman to fall in "Bitterness," and what happens to her thereafter?
9. How do the sleepwalkers try to calm the woman?
10. Describe the protagonist's dream in "The Other Side of Death."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony in "Blacamán the Good."
Essay Topic 2
Describe García Márquez's use of magic realism, highlighting its effect in at least two or three stories.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two victimized characters and compare and contrast their experiences, particularly in how their stories end.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)