|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Mina's wooden trunk?
2. How old is Father Anthony Isabel?
3. What does the narrator of "Blacamán" want to be?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A priest.
4. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World," what is the drowned man's weight compared to?
(a) A tree.
(b) A whale.
(c) A truck.
(d) A horse.
5. What causes the ghost ship to disappear in "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship"?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(c) Light from the lighthouse.
(d) Catarino's shouting.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the women imagine in "The Handsomest Drowned Man," what emotion is on the corpse's face?
2. Where does Mina say she is going?
3. What does Damaso bring to Ana at the beginning of the story?
4. What is the name of the owner of the pool hall?
5. In "A Very Old Man," what does the spider woman eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Mr. Herbert and Tobías find to eat in "The Sea of Lost Time."
2. Describe what happens when Blacamán the Bad gets bitten by a snake.
3. How did the villagers think of José Montiel, and why?
4. Why is the senator thinking about death in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
5. What does Damaso plan to do with the stolen goods, and what becomes of his plans?
6. Describe the manner in which the old man leaves the town.
7. Why does Mina make roses?
8. How do the villagers react to the old man in "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings," and why?
9. How do the women believe Esteban's compatriots must have felt about him?
10. Why do the missionaries kidnap Eréndira, and what do they do with her?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)