|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the women imagine in "The Handsomest Drowned Man," what emotion is on the corpse's face?
2. In "A Very Old Man," what does the spider woman eat?
3. What is in Mina's wooden trunk?
4. What killed José Montiel?
(a) The villagers.
(b) His wife.
(c) A wolf.
5. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World," what is the drowned man's weight compared to?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tree.
(c) A horse.
(d) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulises's father smuggle?
2. How many months pregnant is Ana in "There Are No Thieves in This Town"?
3. In "A Very Old Man," what does Elisenda think the old man is at first?
4. What causes the ghost ship to disappear in "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship"?
5. What explodes in "Innocent Eréndira"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women believe Esteban's compatriots must have felt about him?
2. What does Damaso plan to do with the stolen goods, and what becomes of his plans?
3. How does the protagonist of "The Last Voyage" affect the ghost ship's passage?
4. Summarize Big Mama's last words.
5. Describe Balthazar's cage.
6. Describe what happens when Blacamán the Bad gets bitten by a snake.
7. How did the villagers think of José Montiel, and why?
8. What do the birds do in "One Day After Saturday," and why?
9. Describe what happens when the mother of the protagonist of "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship" gets a new chair.
10. Describe the manner in which the old man leaves the town.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)