|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulises's father smuggle?
2. How often does Onésimo Sánchez campaign?
(a) Every six years.
(b) Every four years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every eight years.
3. Where did Onésimo Sánchez go to university?
(b) University of Santiago.
4. In "A Very Old Man," what does Elisenda think the old man is at first?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A bat.
(c) A demon.
(d) An angel.
5. How many houses are in the village in "The Handsomest Drowned Man"?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device kills pain in "Blacamán"?
2. What killed José Montiel?
3. What is in Trinidad's box in "Artificial Roses"?
4. From where are the smugglers in "The Last Voyage"?
5. What type of animal is often in Tobías's bed in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when the mother of the protagonist of "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship" gets a new chair.
2. Describe the manner in which the old man leaves the town.
3. According to Jacob's wife, what is the significance of the smell in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
4. Describe the drowned man in "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World."
5. Why is the senator thinking about death in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
6. Summarize Big Mama's last words.
7. Explain how the grandmother of "The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and Her Heartless Grandmother" dies.
8. Why do the missionaries kidnap Eréndira, and what do they do with her?
9. Why does Mina make roses?
10. How does the protagonist of "The Last Voyage" affect the ghost ship's passage?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)