|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is often in Tobías's bed in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
2. For what is Mina searching at the beginning of "Artificial Roses"?
(a) Her sleeves.
(b) A kitten.
(c) The oven manual.
3. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World," what is the drowned man's weight compared to?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tree.
(c) A whale.
(d) A horse.
4. As the women imagine in "The Handsomest Drowned Man," what emotion is on the corpse's face?
5. How old is Big Mama when she dies?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did the protagonist of "Montiel's Widow" marry José Montiel?
2. In "Death Constant Beyond Love," of what are the butterflies made?
3. What is the name of the executor of José Montiel's estate?
4. How old is Father Anthony Isabel?
5. How many houses are in the village in "The Handsomest Drowned Man"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the old man in "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings," and why?
2. How do the villagers react when Balthazar leaves the cage with his patron, and why?
3. Describe what happens when the mother of the protagonist of "The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship" gets a new chair.
4. Why is the senator thinking about death in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
5. Why are Mina's sleeves important in "Artificial Roses"?
6. Describe the manner in which the old man leaves the town.
7. Explain how the narrator of "Blacamán the Good, Vendor of Miracles" discovers he can perform miracles.
8. Describe the drowned man in "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World."
9. What does Damaso plan to do with the stolen goods, and what becomes of his plans?
10. Why do the missionaries kidnap Eréndira, and what do they do with her?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)