|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Third Resignation," what is tied around the protagonist's jaw?
(a) A rope.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A necktie.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. What killed Nabo?
(a) A gun.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A horse.
3. In "Tuesday Siesta," what is the name of the thief?
(a) Uriel Ramirez.
(c) Carlos Centeno.
(d) José Montiel.
4. In "Monologue," what comes to the garden on Tuesday morning?
(a) An octopus.
(b) A pig.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) A cow.
5. What does Eva most want after leaving her body?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A nap.
(c) A parasol.
(d) An orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl in "Tuesday Siesta"?
2. What does the woman call José?
3. Who is mentioned in "Tuesday Siesta" as having been a boxer?
4. What is described in "The Other Side of Death" as having "blue octopuses"?
5. In "The Third Resignation," what does the character think of as "chasing through the tormented corners of his hot, fever-torn head"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eva want an orange, and how does she decide to get it?
2. Describe the setting of "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock."
3. Describe the "boy" in "Eva."
4. How do the sleepwalkers try to calm the woman?
5. What causes the woman to fall in "Bitterness," and what happens to her thereafter?
6. Summarize what happens while the woman is talking to the priest in "Tuesday Siesta."
7. Describe the setting at the end of "Eva."
8. Describe the appearance of the girl and woman in "Tuesday Siesta."
9. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
10. How does the dentist initially handle the Mayor's request in "One of These Days," and why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)