|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Third Resignation," what does the character think of as "chasing through the tormented corners of his hot, fever-torn head"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A policeman.
2. What do the characters in "Night" run into after leaving the bar?
(a) A fence.
(d) A building.
3. What had the woman in "Bitterness" been listening to when she fell?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) The radio.
(c) A cricket.
(d) A bird.
4. In "The Other Side of Death," whom does the protagonist sense in the room?
(a) His brother.
(b) A burglar.
(c) Simon Bolivar.
(d) His father.
5. How long have the men in "Night" been lost?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Third Resignation," what is the protagonist's "illness"?
2. How long has the girl in "Someone" been at the narrator's house?
3. What does the Mayor get rid of in "One of These Days"?
4. How old is the protagonist of "The Third Resignation"?
5. In "The Third Resignation," what does the protagonist imagine becoming after his body decays?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point do the characters in "Monologue" start to pray, and why?
2. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
3. Describe the woman's appearance when she came to the narrator's house in "Someone."
4. Describe the events leading to Nabo's death in "Nabo: The Black Man who Made the Angels Wait."
5. Explain Eva's relationship to her beauty in "Eva Is Inside Her Cat."
6. Explain the doctor's diagnosis and treatment for the protagonist of "The Third Resignation."
7. How does the dentist initially handle the Mayor's request in "One of These Days," and why?
8. Describe the living arrangements of the protagonist of "Dialogue with the Mirror."
9. Explain how the protagonist of "Dialogue" tries to fool his reflection and why.
10. How do the sleepwalkers try to calm the woman?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)