|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what form of transportation does the protagonist dream in "The Other Side of Death"?
(a) A train.
(b) A ship.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
2. How does the woman in "Bitterness" wear her hair?
(c) In a ponytail.
(d) Cut short.
3. In "One of These Days," what is the Mayor supposed to gargle?
(b) A novacaine solution.
(c) Salt water.
4. What word does the protagonist of "Dialogue" struggle to remember?
5. What is the Mayor's health problem in "One of These Days"?
(b) A chipped tooth.
(d) An abscessed tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl in "Tuesday Siesta"?
2. In "The Other Side of Death," whom does the protagonist sense in the room?
3. What biblical characters are referenced in "The Other Side of Death"?
4. What does the woman in "The Woman" put in her hair?
5. What is the name of Isabel's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the protagonist of "Dialogue" tries to fool his reflection and why.
2. Describe the appearance of the girl and woman in "Tuesday Siesta."
3. Describe the setting at the end of "Eva."
4. Summarize what happens while the woman is talking to the priest in "Tuesday Siesta."
5. How do the men of "The Night of the Curlews" become blind? Explain.
6. Why do the sleepwalkers want the woman to cry?
7. Why does Eva want an orange, and how does she decide to get it?
8. Describe some of the ways the woman has tried to find the man.
9. Describe the living arrangements of the protagonist of "Dialogue with the Mirror."
10. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)