|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what other time was the noise present in the protagonist's head in "The Third Resignation"?
(a) The day of his mother's death.
(b) The day of his death.
(c) The day of his birth.
(d) The day of his wedding.
2. What is the protagonist in "Dialogue with the Mirror" thinking about in the first paragraph?
3. What color is the woman's box in "Eyes of a Blue Dog"?
4. By the end of the story, how long has Eva been dead?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) A million years.
(c) Three thousand years.
(d) A year.
5. What "martyrs" Eva?
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman in "Eyes" write with on the drugstore floor?
2. What day is it in "One of These Days"?
3. Who is mentioned in "Tuesday Siesta" as having been a boxer?
4. Where do the sleepwalkers go after the woman's announcement?
5. The narrator of "Eyes" has dreamed of the woman as what object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is waiting for Nabo, and why?
2. At what point do the characters in "Monologue" start to pray, and why?
3. Describe the protagonist's brother's death in "The Other Side of Death."
4. How would strangers feel about the protagonist of "The Third Resignation," according to his mother's feeling? Explain.
5. Explain the doctor's diagnosis and treatment for the protagonist of "The Third Resignation."
6. What smell is present in "The Other Side of Death," and why is it significant?
7. How does the protagonist notice he is "really" dying? Explain.
8. Describe some of the ways the woman has tried to find the man.
9. Explain how the protagonist of "Dialogue" tries to fool his reflection and why.
10. Why does Eva want an orange, and how does she decide to get it?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)