|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Father Anthony Isabel give the offering?
(a) The traveling boy.
(b) The birds.
(c) The devil.
2. What does Damaso bring to Ana at the beginning of the story?
(a) Two hundred pesos.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Billiard balls.
(d) A cantaloupe.
3. How often does Onésimo Sánchez campaign?
(a) Every eight years.
(b) Every four years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every six years.
4. What is in Mina's wooden trunk?
5. How much does Balthazar end up charging for the bird cage?
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Two hundred pesos.
(d) Thirty pesos.
6. In "Balthazar's Marvelous Afternoon," how old is Balthazar?
7. What type of bird is supposed to live in the large bird cage?
(c) Canadian goose.
8. What is the name of the priest in "A Very Old Man"?
(a) Father Gonzaga.
(b) Father Nicanor.
(c) Father Anthony Isabel.
(d) Father Val.
9. Where does Big Mama live?
10. What is the antivenom made of in "Blacamán"?
(a) Snake venom.
(b) Rose water.
(c) Rhubarb and turpentine.
(d) Vegetable oil.
11. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man," how many languages does the captain in the villagers' daydream speak?
12. In "The Last Voyage," what was the name of the protagonist's mother's husband?
13. What miracle will the narrator of "Blacamán" not perform for his audiences?
(a) Healing migraines.
(b) Making the blind see.
(d) Making the lame walk.
14. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World," what is the drowned man's weight compared to?
(a) A tree.
(b) A whale.
(c) A horse.
(d) A truck.
15. Who initially states that the drowned man must be named Esteban?
(a) The oldest woman.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The youngest child.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Mr. Herbert and Tobías see in the sea?
2. Who runs the bar in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
3. From what do the women make the drowned man a pair of pants?
4. Which character in "The Sea of Lost Time" wants to be buried alive?
5. Which character wants a fake ID in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)