|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the executor of José Montiel's estate?
(a) Mr. Carmichael.
(b) Mr. Herbert.
(c) Mr. Longfellow.
(d) Mr. Canada.
2. Where did Onésimo Sánchez go to university?
(c) University of Santiago.
3. In "The Last Voyage," what was the name of the protagonist's mother's husband?
4. To whom does Father Anthony Isabel give the offering?
(b) The birds.
(c) The traveling boy.
(d) The devil.
5. How much admission do Pelayo and Elisenda charge to see the old man?
(a) Five cents.
(b) One gold piece.
(c) One peso.
(d) Thirty pesos.
6. What does Big Mama do immediately before dying?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She sighs.
(c) She burps.
(d) She curses.
7. Where does Big Mama live?
8. In "Death Constant Beyond Love," where does Onésimo Sánchez meet his true love?
(a) Rosal del Virrey.
(c) San Juan.
(d) Buenos Aires.
9. Which character wants a fake ID in "Death Constant Beyond Love"?
(a) Laura Farina.
(c) Big Mama.
(d) Nelson Farina.
10. Which character in "The Sea of Lost Time" wants to be buried alive?
(a) Jacob's wife.
(b) Catarino's wife.
11. What is Blacamán exhibiting at the beginning of "Blacamán the Good, Vendor of Miracles"?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) An antivenom.
(c) A time machine.
(d) A sword.
12. As the women imagine in "The Handsomest Drowned Man," what emotion is on the corpse's face?
13. Who hears Big Mama's final wishes?
(b) Father Anthony Isabel.
(c) Mr. Herbert.
(d) Aurelio Escovar.
14. Whom do Mr. Herbert and Tobías see in the sea?
(b) Jacob's wife.
(d) Aureliano Buendía.
15. What is the name of the owner of the pool hall?
(b) Anthony Isabel.
(d) Carlos Centeno.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man," how many languages does the captain in the villagers' daydream speak?
2. Who was Rebecca's husband?
3. Where does Mina say she is going?
4. In "One Day After Saturday," how many bedrooms does Rebecca's house have?
5. What language does Ulises's mother speak?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)