|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is damaging Rebecca's screens?
(b) The rain.
2. What type of animal is often in Tobías's bed in "The Sea of Lost Time"?
3. How old is Big Mama when she dies?
(b) One hundred.
4. How many months pregnant is Ana in "There Are No Thieves in This Town"?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Five months.
5. Where does Mina say she is going?
(a) Out with friends.
(b) To Mass.
(c) To school.
(d) To a restaurant.
6. What is Blacamán exhibiting at the beginning of "Blacamán the Good, Vendor of Miracles"?
(a) An antivenom.
(b) A time machine.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A sword.
7. In "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World," what is the drowned man's weight compared to?
(a) A whale.
(b) A truck.
(c) A horse.
(d) A tree.
8. How many keys does Mina give the blind woman?
9. What follows Big Mama's funeral procession?
(c) Paper butterflies.
10. What is in Trinidad's box in "Artificial Roses"?
(a) Dead mice.
(b) Kitchen utensils.
(c) Dried flowers.
11. In "A Very Old Man," what does Elisenda think the old man is at first?
(a) A sailor.
(b) An angel.
(c) A bat.
(d) A demon.
12. How long has the protagonist's mother been a widow in "The Last Voyage"?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) A week.
(c) Five days.
(d) Ten years.
13. In "The Last Voyage," what color is the lantern's light that guides the ghost ship?
14. Whom does Damaso hit?
(c) The prostitute.
(d) The traveling salesman.
15. How old is Father Anthony Isabel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the grandmother's blood in "Innocent Eréndira"?
2. How many houses are in the village in "The Handsomest Drowned Man"?
3. From where are the smugglers in "The Last Voyage"?
4. How much longer than the village is the ghost ship in "The Last Voyage"?
5. What burns down the grandmother's house in "The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and Her Heartless Grandmother"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)