|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" have a phobia of?
(c) Small spaces.
2. In "Bitterness," what does the woman say she will never do again?
(d) Jump rope.
3. In "The Third Resignation," what does the character think of as "chasing through the tormented corners of his hot, fever-torn head"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
4. How old is the girl in "Tuesday Siesta"?
5. Where does the woman in "Bitterness" say she will not "wander" anymore?
(a) The village.
(b) The house.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) South America.
6. How does the woman in "Bitterness" wear her hair?
(b) Cut short.
(c) In a ponytail.
7. What article of clothing does Nabo not have?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
8. To what does Eva compare her beauty in "Eva Is Inside Her Cat"?
(d) A contest.
9. What did the woman in "Eyes" write with on the drugstore floor?
(a) Eye shadow.
(d) Ballpoint pen.
10. In the end of "The Third Resignation," what does the protagonist die of?
11. What day is it at the beginning of "Someone Has Been Disarranging These Roses"?
12. What sound do the sleepwalkers want to hear at the end of "Bitterness"?
13. In "One of These Days," what is the Mayor supposed to gargle?
(b) Salt water.
(d) A novacaine solution.
14. How many people are sitting at the table in the beginning of "Night of the Curlews"?
15. What is the woman doing in the beginning of "Eyes"?
(a) Making coffee.
(b) Tying her shoes.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Applying makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor get rid of in "One of These Days"?
2. At the end of "The Woman," what time does the woman say she arrived at the restaurant?
3. At the beginning of the story, how long has Nabo been asleep?
4. In "The Third Resignation," what does the protagonist imagine becoming after his body decays?
5. In "Tuesday Siesta," what is the name of the thief?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)