|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed in "Monologue of Isabel," what season does the rain indicate in Macondo?
2. Of what form of transportation does the protagonist dream in "The Other Side of Death"?
(a) A ship.
(b) A train.
(c) A plane.
(d) A car.
3. What time of day is it in "The Other Side of Death"?
4. What does Eva most want after leaving her body?
(a) A nap.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A parasol.
(d) An orange.
5. In "The Other Side of Death," whom does the protagonist sense in the room?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) Simon Bolivar.
(d) A burglar.
6. What color are the girl's stockings in "Someone"?
7. To what is the noise compared in "The Third Resignation"?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A beehive.
(c) A jackhammer.
(d) A barking dog.
8. What is the protagonist in "Dialogue with the Mirror" thinking about in the first paragraph?
9. What does the woman call José?
(a) Cielito lindo.
10. Where does the "boy" in "Eva" lie?
(a) The library.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The church foyer.
11. How many candles surround the protagonist in "The Third Resignation"?
12. Who runs the store in "Dialogue"?
13. Where does the woman in "Bitterness" say she will not "wander" anymore?
(a) The village.
(b) South America.
(c) The house.
(d) The courtyard.
14. In "Monologue," what comes to the garden on Tuesday morning?
(a) A jellyfish.
(b) A cow.
(c) An octopus.
(d) A pig.
15. What type of flower does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" smell as he is contemplating his decay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" have a phobia of?
2. In "The Third Resignation," what does the character think of as "chasing through the tormented corners of his hot, fever-torn head"?
3. How long has the narrator of "Someone" been dead?
4. What time is it at the beginning of "Tuesday Siesta"?
5. In "The Other Side of Death," what "fruit" do the trees bear?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)