|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Other Side of Death," what "fruit" do the trees bear?
2. What is the woman doing in the beginning of "Eyes"?
(a) Applying makeup.
(b) Tying her shoes.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Making coffee.
3. In "The Third Resignation," what is tied around the protagonist's jaw?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A rope.
(d) A necktie.
4. What does José call the woman in "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock"?
5. How old is the protagonist of "The Third Resignation"?
6. How long has the narrator of "Someone" been dead?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
7. What is mentioned in "Bitterness" as having "a lot of remembered tree and deep river about them"?
(a) The woman's shoes.
(b) The sleepwalkers' dreams.
(c) Macondo's cliffs.
(d) The woman's shouts.
8. In "Monologue," who habitually comes to sing?
(a) The neighbor boy.
(b) The twins of Saint Jerome.
(c) The choir.
(d) The kindergarten class.
9. What day is it at the beginning of "Someone Has Been Disarranging These Roses"?
10. Where does the woman in "Bitterness" say she will not "wander" anymore?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The house.
(c) South America.
(d) The village.
11. How does the woman in "Bitterness" wear her hair?
(c) Cut short.
(d) In a ponytail.
12. Who comes to Aurelio Escovar's office for dental work?
(a) Father Anthony Isabel.
(d) The Mayor.
13. What type of flower does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" smell as he is contemplating his decay?
14. What "martyrs" Eva?
(d) Her mother.
15. What is the only word the girl in "Nabo" knows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "The Third Resignation" have a phobia of?
2. In "Someone," what was the girl carrying when she came to the narrator's house?
3. What do the characters in "Night" run into after leaving the bar?
4. What is the Mayor's health problem in "One of These Days"?
5. What does Eva most want after leaving her body?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)