|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is mentioned in the last sentence of "Dialogue"?
(a) A bear.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A deer.
(d) A dog.
2. What does the girl in "Tuesday Siesta" not have for lunch?
(a) A pancake.
(b) A cookie.
3. What instrument does the musician in "Nabo" play?
4. As discussed in "Monologue of Isabel," what season does the rain indicate in Macondo?
5. What "martyrs" Eva?
(c) Her mother.
6. Where is Nabo in the beginning of "Nabo: The Black Man who Made the Angels Wait"?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In a stable.
(d) In a ballroom.
7. What smell is mentioned in the first sentence of "The Other Side of Death"?
8. The narrator of "Eyes" has dreamed of the woman as what object?
(a) A painting.
(b) A statue.
(c) A cricket.
(d) A clock.
9. What does the Mayor get rid of in "One of These Days"?
(a) A prosthetic leg.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A tooth.
10. In "The Other Side of Death," what "fruit" do the trees bear?
11. In "Monologue," who habitually comes to sing?
(a) The kindergarten class.
(b) The choir.
(c) The neighbor boy.
(d) The twins of Saint Jerome.
12. How many favorite books does Eva have?
13. How long has it been since the Mayor in "One of These Days" shaved the right side of his face?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
14. To what is the noise compared in "The Third Resignation"?
(a) A beehive.
(b) A jackhammer.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A barking dog.
15. What nationality is Eva's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical characters are referenced in "The Other Side of Death"?
2. What does José call the woman in "The Woman who Came at Six O'Clock"?
3. What do the characters in "Night" run into after leaving the bar?
4. What is the protagonist of "Dialogue" going to have for breakfast?
5. What day is it in "One of These Days"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)