Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "The Tall Men."
(b) "Bear Hunt."
(c) "Barn Burning."
(d) "Shall Not Perish."
2. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(b) He does not want to marry her.
(c) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(d) He desperately wants to marry her.
3. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) The church.
(c) The Indian burial ground.
(d) The asylum.
4. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(c) Four hundred.
5. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(d) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
2. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
3. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
4. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)