|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
2. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His stomach.
3. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His boss.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
5. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the Internet.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From the television.
(d) From the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
4. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
5. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)