Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His drapes.
(c) His dining room table.
(d) His carpet.
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The asylum.
(b) The church.
(c) The Indian burial ground.
(d) The cemetary.
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)