|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) The Company of Wings.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) Jet Away and Fly.
2. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the plantation.
3. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the incinerator.
(b) In the water tank.
(c) In the garbage dump.
(d) In the boiler.
4. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) Through the telegraph system.
(b) Through the cracks in the fence.
(c) With a cup to the door.
(d) With a mirror.
5. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
(b) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
(c) She is cheered as a hero.
(d) She has a nervous breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
2. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
3. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
4. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)