|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of surgery does Pansy wake up before?
2. What is the occupation of Jessie's mother?
3. What is Kitty's plan when she graduates?
4. What word best describes Mrs. Butler's grandchildren?
5. Where does Lily believe that happiness can be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhoda's childhood.
2. Why does Isobel stay at the poor house?
3. How does Mrs. Heath show that she is apathetic, and toward who or what?
4. What does Abby fear and why?
5. How is health a theme in Jessie's story?
6. How is Tippy self-interested?
7. How does the woman with Mr. Oliphant feel about him?
8. In what way is Mrs. Otis an apathetic character?
9. What types of people are attending the party with Evan?
10. Why is Rose interested in Lucius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Stafford apply to psychological horror? Choose at least 3 characters to discuss.
Essay Topic 2
How does Stafford use irony in her stories? Give 3 examples.
Essay Topic 3
What role do social groups and social situations play in the short stories?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)