|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pansy's doctor?
2. How did Will lose Isobel's money?
3. Where do Malcolm and Victoria go for a retreat?
4. What do Malcolm and Victoria do when they realize they love each other?
5. What are the names of Mrs. Butler's grandchildren?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhoda's childhood.
2. How is the idea of lost opportunities a theme in Rhoda's story?
3. Compare Laura and Ada to Jessie.
4. Why is Rose interested in Lucius?
5. What is Evan interested in at the party he attends?
6. Describe Malcolm and Victoria's ideals.
7. How does Mrs. Heath show that she is apathetic, and toward who or what?
8. Why does Isobel stay at the poor house?
9. How is health a theme in Jessie's story?
10. How does the woman with Mr. Oliphant feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do some of the characters view their purposes in life? Choose 5 characters.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and compare two different characters from the short stories. How are they alike and different? What makes them both unique but somehow connected?
Essay Topic 3
Do any of the characters in the short stories recognize their own weaknesses? Why or why not?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)