|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dr. Reinmuth's story, what did the perpetrator do?
2. What element puts Maggie in an unflattering light at the party?
3. What is the last name of the host of the party that Evan attends?
4. Who lives at the house where Rose delivered something for work?
5. Where did Rhoda once move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tippy self-interested?
2. How can the reader understand Pansy's pain and suffering?
3. How can the reader rationalize Pansy's fear of surgery?
4. What does Abby fear and why?
5. How is the idea of lost opportunities a theme in Rhoda's story?
6. What goal do both Malcolm and Victoria take on?
7. How is health a theme in Jessie's story?
8. Why is Rose interested in Lucius?
9. Describe how Daniel and May's love changes with the seasons.
10. Describe Maggie's discomfort at the party she attends.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stafford use names to embody the character's mannerisms, emotional state, or actions?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how relevant the title of 3 different short stories is to the plot, characters, and setting of those stories.
Essay Topic 3
Do any of the characters in the short stories recognize their own weaknesses? Why or why not?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)