|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pansy's last name?
2. What is the name of the character who tells a woman not to be upset by the natives being disrespected?
3. How many children do Mrs. Wainright-Lowe and her husband have?
4. In what season did May and Daniel move as a result of the doctor's orders?
5. What do Malcolm and Victoria do when they realize they love each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Sue and Ramona.
2. In what way is Mrs. Otis an apathetic character?
3. Describe how Daniel and May's love changes with the seasons.
4. What types of people are attending the party with Evan?
5. How are Sue and Ramona different and yet alike?
6. How does Mrs. Heath show that she is apathetic, and toward who or what?
7. How does Kitty feel about working at Caribou Ranch versus her mother's boarding house, and why?
8. In what ways is Mr. Oliphant strong?
9. How can the reader understand Pansy's pain and suffering?
10. Describe Rhoda's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do social groups and social situations play in the short stories?
Essay Topic 2
Do any of the characters in the short stories recognize their own weaknesses? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How are Stafford's stories bittersweet? Provide examples of at least three different stories in your response.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)