|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Jim is introduced to at the school he attends?
(a) Miss Badlake.
(b) Miss Deadfulwater.
(c) Miss Troubleriver.
(d) Miss Terriblespring.
2. How old is Jim when he gets on a train?
3. Who does Hannah hear her mother complain to about her father?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
4. What is the name of Mrs. Ramsey's grandson?
5. What is the name of the school that Cora attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Murphy give Daisy and her sisters?
2. What school does Camilla's fiance attend?
3. What is the first suitable place that Emily finds to read?
4. What do Beatrice and her fiance do the night before they are to be married?
5. What does Emily get caught doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judy think that her happiest day was the day in the mountains?
2. Why is the cemetery the best place for Emily to read?
3. How does the title of the story, "The Liberation", tie in with Polly's story?
4. How is Hannah used as a tool between her parents?
5. What does the woman on her way to church want to pray for?
6. How does the title, "The End of a Career", relate to the story?
7. What expectations did Emma have about intellectuals and how did this change?
8. What causes Beatrice to go deaf?
9. How is the title "The Philosophy Lesson" significant to the story of Cora?
10. What lesson does Emily learn from Lottie?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)