|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final location that Emily chooses to read at?
(c) Her home.
(d) Public restroom.
2. How many maids die in "A Mountain Day"?
3. What is Mrs. Ramsey's reputation in the community she lives in?
(a) She is pure of heart.
(b) She hates animals.
(c) She is a bad influence on the children.
(d) She is wild for an older woman.
4. What is Emily trying to do in her story?
(a) Take photographs.
5. What month is it in "Between the Porch and the Altar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the second location that Emily finds to read?
2. What is the title of Cora's story?
3. How old is Jim when he gets on a train?
4. Who teases Hannah for her hair cut?
5. What type of animal is Shannon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judy think that her happiest day was the day in the mountains?
2. What are the effects of Beatrice's childhood on her adulthood?
3. What emotions do Daisy and her sister feel at the zoo?
4. What does Ella fear and how does she show it?
5. How is Hannah used as a tool between her parents?
6. How does the title, "The End of a Career", relate to the story?
7. How does the government play a role in "A Summer Day"?
8. What lesson does Emily learn from Lottie?
9. How does the title, "A Summer Day", correspond to the story of Jim Littlefield?
10. How does the title of the story, "The Liberation", tie in with Polly's story?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)