|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the story in Chapter 21?
(a) A People Problem.
(b) An Appreciation Problem.
(c) A Speech Problem.
(d) A Reading Problem.
2. What skill does Lottie offer to teach Emily?
(d) Car theft.
3. Who takes Hannah to get her hair cut?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
4. How long has Polly been engaged in the story?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 8 months.
5. Who rushes to Angelica's side?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Emma been outcast by?
2. Who is the eldest of the siblings in "A Mountain Day"?
3. What is the name of Beatrice's current fiance at the beginning of the story?
4. What is the name of Beatrice's first husband?
5. What is the occupation of the man who puts Jim on a train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ella fear and how does she show it?
2. Compare Emily to Lottie.
3. What are the spinster's final feelings about the "I love someone" written on the sidewalk?
4. What is the community reaction to Emily getting the evangelists kicked out of town, and why?
5. What emotions do Daisy and her sister feel at the zoo?
6. How is Hannah used as a tool between her parents?
7. What causes Beatrice to go deaf?
8. What is the gift that Arthur sends to his grandmother? How does it affect her?
9. How does the title of the story, "The Liberation", tie in with Polly's story?
10. Explain how the title, "Between the Porch and the Altar", relates to the plot of the story.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)