|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Ramona?
2. What is Pansy's last name?
3. What is the name of the character who tells a woman not to be upset by the natives being disrespected?
(a) Mr. Planter.
(b) Mr. Chang.
(c) Mr. Robertson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What is Isobel's revenge?
(a) Criticizing professional artwork.
(b) Not allowing Lily to live with her.
(c) Spending Will's money.
(d) Staying in the poor house.
5. What kind of surgery does Pansy wake up before?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the healthiest character in Jessie's story?
2. What is Kitty's plan when she graduates?
3. Which character is apathetic at the party?
4. Where is Rose walking when the man approaches her in a car?
5. What sentence is given to the perpetrator in Dr. Reinmuth's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sleigh that May sees from the window represent?
2. How is independence a theme in the story about Lily and Isobel?
3. Describe the relationship between Sue and Ramona.
4. Compare Laura and Ada to Jessie.
5. Describe Maggie's discomfort at the party she attends.
6. In what ways is Mr. Oliphant strong?
7. What goal do both Malcolm and Victoria take on?
8. How can the reader rationalize Pansy's fear of surgery?
9. What is Rose's opinion of northerners in comparison to her opinion of Mexicans?
10. What types of people are attending the party with Evan?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)