|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Rose hoped would be a father figure?
2. What is the name of the woman who invites Mrs. Heath to pick lettuce?
(a) Sister Evelyn.
(b) Sister Leticia.
(c) Sister Janet.
(d) Sister Marianna.
3. What color distresses Pansy?
4. What is a common theme in the story about Malcolm and Victoria?
(a) Romantic love.
5. What kind of surgery does Pansy wake up before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Malcolm and Victoria do when they realize they love each other?
2. What is the name of Pansy's doctor?
3. What is Maggie's occupation?
4. Where is Abby located in the story?
5. What does Mr. Oliphant blame on the lack of arbutus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal do both Malcolm and Victoria take on?
2. Describe the relationship between Sue and Ramona.
3. How is health a theme in Jessie's story?
4. What is Rose's opinion of northerners in comparison to her opinion of Mexicans?
5. Compare Laura and Ada to Jessie.
6. How is independence a theme in the story about Lily and Isobel?
7. What does Abby fear and why?
8. Describe Maggie's discomfort at the party she attends.
9. How does Mrs. Heath show that she is apathetic, and toward who or what?
10. In what way is Mrs. Otis an apathetic character?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)