|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the healthiest character in Jessie's story?
(a) Mrs. Butler.
(b) Mrs. Butler's granddaughter.
(d) Jessie's mother.
2. Which word best describes Ramona?
3. What object invokes anger in Rhoda?
(a) A computer.
(b) A potted plant.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A notebook.
4. What happened to Jessie's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He ran off and has not been heard from.
(c) He died.
(d) He is in the military.
5. How did Will lose Isobel's money?
(a) Buying luxuries.
(b) In a scam.
(c) Speculating on the market.
(d) On a home investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rose work for?
2. What is the occupation of Jessie's mother?
3. Who lives at the house where Rose delivered something for work?
4. How does Rhoda act toward her maid?
5. What is Maggie's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rose interested in Lucius?
2. In what way is the story about Mrs. Otis a feminist piece?
3. In what way is Mrs. Otis an apathetic character?
4. What does the sleigh that May sees from the window represent?
5. Describe Malcolm and Victoria's ideals.
6. Why does Isobel stay at the poor house?
7. How is the idea of lost opportunities a theme in Rhoda's story?
8. How does Abby realize the seriousness of gambling addiction?
9. What is Evan interested in at the party he attends?
10. Describe Maggie's discomfort at the party she attends.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)