|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the short story in Chapter 19?
(a) The Lion's Den.
(b) Visiting the Past.
(c) In the Zoo.
(d) At the Train Station.
2. What is the name of the school that Cora attends?
3. What is inside the package that Mrs. Ramsey received?
(c) A braid of hair.
4. Who is the eldest of the siblings in "A Mountain Day"?
5. What is Cora's last name?
6. What is the name of the spinster's best friend?
7. What school does Camilla's fiance attend?
8. What is the name of Beatrice's third fiance?
(c) Mr. Onslager.
9. What is the color of the sash that Jim's new friend wears?
10. What is the name of Angelica's husband?
11. Who took Daisy and her sister in when their parents died?
(a) Mrs. Lapel.
(b) Mrs. Golden.
(c) Mrs. Placer.
(d) Mrs. Grand.
12. Who does Hannah hear her mother complain to about her father?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. What does Jim plan to do when he meets his new friend?
(a) Become educated.
(b) Become more artistic.
(c) Build a deep friendship.
14. Who teases Hannah for her hair cut?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The hair stylist.
(d) Her siblings.
15. What part of Angelica's body ages first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beatrice and her fiance do the night before they are to be married?
2. What do the two girls in the story compare to the residents of Adams, Colorado?
3. Who does Mrs. Ramsey write to?
4. What is the color of the armchair that Ella sits in while babysitting?
5. Who does the woman see on her way to church in "Between the Porch and the Altar"?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)