|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Emma been outcast by?
(a) A group of intellectuals.
(b) Her friends at the museum.
(c) Her roommates.
(d) Her family.
2. How long is Beatrice deaf for?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. What skill does Lottie offer to teach Emily?
(d) Car theft.
4. What is the name of Angelica's husband?
5. What is the name of the family that Ella babysits for?
6. What is Lottie's last name?
7. What is the name of the evangelist's daughter?
8. How old is Hannah when she gets her hair cut?
9. What is the title of the story in Chapter 21?
(a) A People Problem.
(b) A Reading Problem.
(c) An Appreciation Problem.
(d) A Speech Problem.
10. What is the name of Beatrice's third fiance?
(b) Mr. Onslager.
11. How has the man at the museum changed since the last time Emma saw him?
(a) He has become richer.
(b) He has gotten married.
(c) He has become more popular.
(d) He has lost everything.
12. What is the color of the armchair that Ella sits in while babysitting?
13. What is Mrs. Ramsey's reputation in the community she lives in?
(a) She hates animals.
(b) She is wild for an older woman.
(c) She is a bad influence on the children.
(d) She is pure of heart.
14. What does Lottie take from Emily's house?
(a) A vase.
(b) A box of food.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A perfume bottle.
15. What is inside the package that Mrs. Ramsey received?
(a) A braid of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Ramsey write to?
2. What is the name of the short story in Chapter 19?
3. What is Mrs. Ramsey's reaction to the package's contents?
4. How does the spinster feel when she witnesses the fight outside her home?
5. What month is it in "Between the Porch and the Altar"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)