|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily's last name?
2. How long has Polly been engaged in the story?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
3. What month is it in "Between the Porch and the Altar"?
4. What is the title of Cora's story?
(a) The Model Student.
(b) The Art Teacher.
(c) The Philosophy Lesson.
(d) The Train Lesson.
5. How many maids die in "A Mountain Day"?
6. Who does the woman see on her way to church in "Between the Porch and the Altar"?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A sick child.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A doctor.
7. What does the spinster see written on the sidewalk?
(a) Someone loves me.
(b) I love Marigold.
(c) I love you.
(d) I love someone.
8. Where did Emma first meet the man she sees at the museum?
(a) A party.
(b) A lecture.
(c) Her work.
(d) On a blind date.
9. In the winter months, where does the family stay in "A Mountain Day"?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) New York.
10. Who do Beatrice and her friends stay with before her wedding?
(d) Mrs. Onslager.
11. What is the name of the school that Cora attends?
12. What is the name of Beatrice's first husband?
13. What day does Emma decide to venture out of her home?
14. What does Lottie take from Emily's house?
(a) A perfume bottle.
(b) A box of food.
(c) A vase.
(d) A necklace.
15. What is Emily trying to do in her story?
(c) Take photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Polly live with?
2. Where does Angelica travel each year?
3. How did the spinster's best friend die?
4. Who rushes to Angelica's side?
5. What is the name of the woman Jim is introduced to at the school he attends?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)