|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the woman from who walks with Mr. Oliphant?
(b) New York.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) New Jersey.
2. What is Heidelberg?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A university.
(c) A government building.
(d) Ramona's home.
3. What is the name of the woman who invites Mrs. Heath to pick lettuce?
(a) Sister Marianna.
(b) Sister Janet.
(c) Sister Leticia.
(d) Sister Evelyn.
4. What is the name of the college that Kitty attends?
5. What is Dr. Reinmuth?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A dermatologist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A professor.
6. What color distresses Pansy?
7. What does May see from the window that makes her melancholy?
(a) A pair of shorts.
(b) A sleigh.
(c) A sandal.
(d) A squirrel.
8. What interrupts the party that Mrs. Otis attends?
(b) A group of angry natives.
9. Where did Rhoda once move to?
10. Why doesn't the woman bring any arbutus back to Mr. Oliphant?
(a) She can't find any.
(b) She doesn't know where to look.
(c) She is almost attacked.
(d) She isn't strong enough.
11. How do the rest of the staff feel about Malcolm and Victoria after they follow them to the mill?
12. Who died in the car accident Pansy was in?
(a) A child.
(b) A man on his way to work.
(c) The cab driver.
(d) An elderly woman.
13. Which of the following are themes in Lily's story?
(a) Technology's consequences.
(b) Romantic love.
(c) The importance of knowledge.
14. What game does Abby learn to play?
(d) Video poker.
15. What is hidden in Ramona's room?
(c) Dead animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks does Mrs. Otis plan to stay in exile?
2. At the end of her story, what does May do?
3. What is Isobel's revenge?
4. What are Malcolm and Victoria?
5. What do Mr. Oliphant and the woman carry as they walk?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)