|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be a glorious way to die, according to "Storm?"
(a) Defending one's fellow soldiers.
(b) For the love of a woman.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
2. Who wrote the first appendix in Collected Poems?
(a) C. Day Lewis.
(b) Edmund Blunden.
(c) John Keats.
(d) Wilfred Owen.
3. "Sonnet Autumnal" uses the end of summer as an analogy for the end of ___________.
(c) A love.
(d) A dream.
4. "O World of many Worlds" uses several stanzas from what other poem in Collected Poems?
(a) "Wild With All Regrets."
(b) "Song of Songs."
(c) "Dulce Et Decorum Est."
(d) "This is the Track."
5. What does the speaker find in every sound in "All Sounds have been as Music?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hole cut in "Not one Corner...?"
2. Who organized many of Owen's remaining poems?
3. What sound replaces the bugles in "Bugles Sang?"
4. The speaker wants ______________ to honor him in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)."
5. Whom is the speaker running next to in "To--?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contrast in "Six o' clock in Princes Street?"
2. What is the hole cut in Europe? Why is it called "the Path of Glory?"
3. What does "The Roads Also" reveal about the effects of war?
4. Why will the soldiers never be as happy as they were as children in "Happiness?"
5. What does the speaker compare people to in "O World of many Worlds?" What does he compare himself to?
6. Why is the death of the soldier a sweet experience in "Has Your Soul Sipped?"
7. Why is Heracles unable to defeat Antaeus in "Antaeus: A Fragment?"
8. Why would Owen rather be remembered as a soldier than a poet in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)?"
9. What is the purpose of "On My Songs?"
10. Why is the woman in "The Imbecile" an imbecile? Who thinks this of her?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)