|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Owen go after leaving his position as an assistant?
2. Who wishes they could go to war in "S.I.W.?"
(a) The soldier's father.
(b) The soldier's brothers.
(c) The soldier's classmates.
(d) The soldier's sisters.
3. Whose poems are in Collected Poems?
(a) John Keat's.
(b) William Wordsworth's.
(c) Wilfred Owen's.
(d) T. S. Eliot's.
4. What happens to the soldier who falls asleep in "Asleep?"
(a) He freezes to death.
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is captured by the enemy.
(d) His shoes are stolen.
5. Who wrote the introduction in Collected Poems?
(a) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(b) C. Day Lewis.
(c) Wilfred Owen.
(d) John Keats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the speaker writing in "The Letter?"
2. Whose love is dying, according to "Exposure?"
3. Where do the soldiers seek refuge in "The Sentry?"
4. Who delivers news of the soldier in "The Dead-Beat?"
5. Who is the old man in "The Parable of the Old Man and the Young?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is the message of "Spring Offensive?"
2. What contradiction is found in "Sonnet?"
3. What is the anthem in "Anthem for Doomed Youth?"
4. Explain Owen's childhood.
5. What does "Le Christianisme" imply about the role of religion in war?
6. What is the tone of "Exposure?" How do you know?
7. What does "Dulce Et Decorum Est" say about war and death?
8. What does the speaker see on the battlefield in "The Show?" What do they represent?
9. Describe Owen's experience as a vicar's assistant.
10. What are the sounds the speaker of "The Calls" hears that mark the passing of the day?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)