|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo," what does life become in war?
2. Which of the following did Owen's parents NOT expose him to?
3. How do soldiers feel about Death in "The Next War?"
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are not afraid.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are afraid.
4. Whose poems are in Collected Poems?
(a) John Keat's.
(b) William Wordsworth's.
(c) Wilfred Owen's.
(d) T. S. Eliot's.
5. Where does the speaker believe he is in "Mental Cases?"
(a) On the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the weapons when the soldier woke up in "Soldier's Dream?"
2. Where did Owen go after leaving his position as an assistant?
3. In what nation was Owen born?
4. What does the speaker of "Disabled" want someone to do for him?
5. What does the sentry say he sees later in "The Sentry?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the joys of war, according to "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo?"
2. What is the worst possible outcome in battle, according to "The Chances?" Why?
3. What does the speaker see on the battlefield in "The Show?" What do they represent?
4. Compare and contrast the Biblical story of Abraham and Isaac with the account in "The Parable of the Young Man and the Old."
5. What does "Le Christianisme" imply about the role of religion in war?
6. What kind of doctor takes care of the soldier in "The Dead-Beat?" How do you know?
7. What does the speaker of "Smile, Smile, Smile" think of the press? Why?
8. What are the sounds the speaker of "The Calls" hears that mark the passing of the day?
9. What does Lewis say about Owen prior to World War I in the Introduction of Collected Poems?
10. What do each of the soldiers cry out for in "The Last Laugh?"
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)