|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hole cut in "Not one Corner...?"
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The speaker's heart.
2. What is greater than the sound of instruments, according to "Music?"
(a) A child's laugh.
(b) A mother saying, "I love you."
(c) The sound of ceased gunfire.
(d) Music made by two lovers.
3. What is the subject of "Bold Horatius" studying?
(a) A battle strategy.
(b) A garbage can.
(c) Roman history.
(d) An enemy.
4. When were the soldiers happy, according to "Happiness?"
(a) When they were children.
(b) When they were in love.
(c) In the moments before battle.
(d) In the moments after battle.
5. What does the speaker wonder about the dead after the war in "The End?"
(a) If they will be honored.
(b) If they will be remembered.
(c) If they will live again.
(d) If they feel they died in vain.
6. What fairy tale is a reworking of Blunden's favorite of Owen's early works?
(a) "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."
(c) "The Little Mermaid."
(d) "Beauty and the Beast."
7. What die in winter, according to "Winter Song?"
(b) Soldiers' hopes.
(c) The colors of fall.
(d) The flowers of fall.
8. What does "I saw his Round Mouth's Crimson" describe?
9. What does the speaker compare people to in "O World of many Worlds?"
10. According to "Sonnet: To a Child," what do children realize about the world that affects their wisdom?
(a) It is deceptive.
(b) It is evil.
(c) It is fleeting.
(d) It is a dream.
11. What does the speaker sacrifice in "To Eros?"
(a) His family.
(b) His life.
(d) His loyalty.
12. At what time of day does "The Unreturning" take place?
(a) As night falls.
(b) At dawn.
(c) Sometime in the afternoon.
(d) At midnight.
13. The speaker wants ______________ to honor him in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)."
(b) His family.
(c) His enemies.
(d) His fellow soldiers.
14. What does the speaker see in "My Shy Hand?"
(a) A forest.
(b) A small house.
(c) A lake.
(d) A meadow.
15. What should the singer use to sing in the evening in "Song of Songs?"
(a) A scream.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who controls the speaker's life in "The Fates?"
2. Who wrote the first appendix in Collected Poems?
3. What would be a glorious way to die, according to "Storm?"
4. What poem does Blunden most admire of Owen's early works?
5. What is the hole called, according to "Not one Corner...?"
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)