|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the speaker want to stay with in "My Shy Hand?"
(a) His comrades.
(b) His dog.
(c) His mother.
(d) His lover.
2. The speaker wants ______________ to honor him in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)."
(a) His fellow soldiers.
(c) His enemies.
(d) His family.
3. Where is someone sleeping in "The Kind Ghosts?"
(a) On a bench.
(b) A palace.
(c) At home.
(d) The front lines.
4. What should the singer use to sing in the morning in "Song of Songs?"
(a) A scream.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A cry.
(d) A sigh.
5. Where is the hole cut in "Not one Corner...?"
(c) The speaker's heart.
(d) The battlefield.
6. "Sonnet Autumnal" uses the end of summer as an analogy for the end of ___________.
(c) A love.
(d) A dream.
7. _____________dream of time before the war in "The Roads Also."
8. What fairy tale is a reworking of Blunden's favorite of Owen's early works?
(a) "Beauty and the Beast."
(b) "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."
(d) "The Little Mermaid."
9. When was the first appendix written?
10. "Antaeus: A Fragment" describes a fight between ______ and Antaeus.
11. What would be a glorious way to die, according to "Storm?"
(b) For the love of a woman.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Defending one's fellow soldiers.
12. What does the speaker of "Cramped in that Funnelled Hole" call the hole?
(a) The mouth of hell.
(b) A pit.
(c) A port in the storm.
13. What is the hole called, according to "Not one Corner...?"
(a) The Verdict.
(d) The Path of Glory.
14. Who is the speaker in "Shadwell Stair?"
(a) An anti-war protestor.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A politician.
(d) A reporter.
15. What will make men better, according to "As Bronze may be much Beautiful?"
Short Answer Questions
1. "Winter Song" describes what kind of transition?
2. What was Owen's biggest complaint on the front lines of the war?
3. What is the mood of the people walking down the street in "Six o'clock in Princes Street?"
4. Where does the speaker search for a man in "Elegy in April and September?"
5. How does the speaker want to be remembered in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)?"
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)