|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the speaker search for a man in "Elegy in April and September?"
(a) A battlefield.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A trench.
(d) A forest.
2. What die in winter, according to "Winter Song?"
(a) Soldiers' hopes.
(c) The flowers of fall.
(d) The colors of fall.
3. What does the speaker compare people to in "O World of many Worlds?"
4. What does "I saw his Round Mouth's Crimson" describe?
5. What does the speaker see in "My Shy Hand?"
(a) A lake.
(b) A forest.
(c) A small house.
(d) A meadow.
6. The speaker wants ______________ to honor him in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)."
(a) His family.
(c) His enemies.
(d) His fellow soldiers.
7. What is the barge passing in "Hospital Barge at Cerisy?"
(a) A lock.
(b) A church.
(c) A castle.
(d) A bridge.
8. What will destroy men, according to "As Bronze may be much Beautiful?"
9. "Sonnet Autumnal" uses the end of summer as an analogy for the end of ___________.
(c) A dream.
(d) A love.
10. What time of day does "From My Diary, July 1914" begin?
(b) Early morning.
(d) One in the afternoon.
11. What is the hole called, according to "Not one Corner...?"
(b) The Path of Glory.
(d) The Verdict.
12. Who controls the speaker's life in "The Fates?"
(a) The speaker does not know.
(c) The speaker himself.
13. What aspect of youth is appreciated in "Sonnet: To a Child?"
14. What was Owen's biggest complaint on the front lines of the war?
(a) The mud.
(b) The food.
(c) The crowds.
(d) The cold.
15. When does the speaker want to be honored in "To My Friend: (With an Identity Disk)?"
(a) When his children are grown.
(b) After the war.
(c) After his death.
(d) In that moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the people walking down the street in "Six o'clock in Princes Street?"
2. Who is the speaker confident he will meet in "The Promisers?"
3. What will make men better, according to "As Bronze may be much Beautiful?"
4. Where is someone sleeping in "The Kind Ghosts?"
5. What is the first appendix in Collected Poems?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)