|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "Disabled" want someone to do for him?
(a) Take him home.
(b) Write to his mother on his behalf.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Put him to bed.
2. In what nation was Owen born?
(c) The United States of America.
3. Whose love is dying, according to "Exposure?"
(a) The public's.
(c) The government's.
(d) Each other's.
4. What does the speaker of "The Show" see slinking into ditches?
5. "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo" discusses the occasional ______ of war.
6. Where is the speaker of "Disabled?"
(a) A bar.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) A hospital ward.
(d) A trench.
7. What fate does Jim receive in "The Chances?"
8. What are men reading in "Smile, Smile, Smile?"
(a) Letters from home.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) War propaganda brochures.
(d) Telegrams from superior officers.
9. According to "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo," what feeling is fleeting for soldiers in war?
10. In what year was Owen born?
(a) The exact year is not known.
11. Who or what laughs at the soldiers in "The Last Laugh?"
(b) Enemy soldiers.
12. What did not scare the speaker of "Disabled" when he joined the military?
(b) The enemy.
(c) Being away from home.
13. Who are smiling in pictures in "Smile, Smile, Smile?"
(c) Dead soldiers.
14. Who wishes they could go to war in "S.I.W.?"
(a) The soldier's sisters.
(b) The soldier's brothers.
(c) The soldier's classmates.
(d) The soldier's father.
15. What is on the soldier's uniform in "Inspection?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the speaker believe he is in "Mental Cases?"
2. What happens to the soldier at the end of "Conscious?"
3. What piece of artillery does the speaker marvel at in "Sonnet?"
4. What part of the speaker's body will be destroyed in "A Terre?"
5. Where is the squad going when one soldier falls to the ground in "The Dead-Beat?"
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)