|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not scare the speaker of "Disabled" when he joined the military?
(a) Being away from home.
(b) The enemy.
2. Owen wonders if _________ will greet the soldiers in "The Send-Off."
(a) A family.
(b) The government.
(c) A celebration.
3. According to "At a Cavalry near the Ancre," what do people who love die without?
4. What instrument did Owen learn to play?
5. Where is the speaker of "Disabled?"
(a) The battlefield.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hospital ward.
(d) A trench.
6. What kind of trauma from war do the soldiers suffer in "Mental Cases?"
7. What part of the speaker's body will be destroyed in "A Terre?"
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His ears.
(d) His legs.
8. Where are soldiers massing in "Spring Offensive?"
(a) A meadow.
(b) A trench.
(c) Between two buildings.
(d) A hill.
9. What caused Owen to mature as a poet, according to the author of the Introduction?
(a) World War I.
(b) His marriage.
(c) The birth of his first child.
(d) His mother's death.
10. Men who become immune to the horrors of war are what, according to "Insensibility?"
(b) Already dead.
(c) On their way to peace.
11. Where do the soldiers seek refuge in "The Sentry?"
(a) An abandoned guard tower.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A foxhole.
(d) A dugout.
12. In what year did Owen leave home?
13. Where does the speaker believe he is in "Mental Cases?"
(d) On the front.
14. What is every day the end of, according to "Anthem for Doomed Youth?"
(a) A funeral.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A war.
15. Where does the soldier wake up in "Conscious?"
(a) Behind enemy lines.
(b) In a trench.
(c) In a prison.
(d) In a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man in "The Parable of the Old Man and the Young?"
2. What does the speaker in "The Calls" use sounds to mark?
3. What does the speaker hear at dawn in "The Calls?"
4. Where does the speaker of "Strange Meeting" realize he is?
5. What does the sentry say about himself in "The Sentry?"
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)