|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 165-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker hold up to the sentry in "The Sentry?"
(b) His hand.
(c) A light.
(d) A gun.
2. When did Owen write to his mother after leaving the hospital?
(a) In 1918.
(b) At the end of 1917.
(c) December, 1916.
(d) He does not write to his mother.
3. What does the speaker of "Cramped in that Funnelled Hole" call the hole?
(a) The mouth of hell.
(c) A pit.
(d) A port in the storm.
4. What poet helped Owen with his literary ambitions?
(a) William Carlos Williams.
(b) John Keats.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Laurent Tailhade.
5. Who rises above the battlefield with the speaker in "The Show?"
(a) His father.
(b) An enemy soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first appendix written?
2. What caused Owen to mature as a poet, according to the author of the Introduction?
3. What aspect of youth is appreciated in "Sonnet: To a Child?"
4. Which of the following did Owen's parents NOT expose him to?
5. Where was Owen killed?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)