|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131-144.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "O World of many Worlds" uses several stanzas from what other poem in Collected Poems?
(a) "Dulce Et Decorum Est."
(b) "Wild With All Regrets."
(c) "This is the Track."
(d) "Song of Songs."
2. What part of the speaker's body will be destroyed in "A Terre?"
(a) His arms.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His legs.
3. What should the singer use to sing in the morning in "Song of Songs?"
(a) A laugh.
(b) A cry.
(c) A scream.
(d) A sigh.
4. What signal do the soldiers in "Spring Offensive" receive that the battle is starting?
(a) The sound of the enemy approaching.
(b) A bugle call.
(c) Word from their commander.
(d) A cold breeze.
5. What job is the speaker of "A Terre" willing to do?
(a) Clean toilets.
(b) Sweep floors.
(c) Beg on the streets.
(d) Muck horse stalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural event does the speaker use as a comparison for the start of World War I in "1914?"
2. What does the sentry say he sees later in "The Sentry?"
3. According to "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo," what feeling is fleeting for soldiers in war?
4. What does the speaker realize about the dead in "Miners?"
5. What does "I saw his Round Mouth's Crimson" describe?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)