|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 115-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do soldiers feel about Death in "The Next War?"
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are afraid.
(c) They are not afraid.
(d) They are friends.
2. According to "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo," what feeling is fleeting for soldiers in war?
3. What time of day does "From My Diary, July 1914" end?
(a) At sunset.
(b) When the stars come out.
4. "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo" discusses the occasional ______ of war.
5. Until when does the speaker of "The Promisers" search for the person he will meet?
(b) The end of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Owen learn to play?
2. What does the sentry say he sees later in "The Sentry?"
3. What marks the passing of the soldiers in "Anthem for Doomed Youth?"
4. Where are soldiers massing in "Spring Offensive?"
5. How does the speaker try to wake a soldier in "Futility?"
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)