|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 74-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker writing in "The Letter?"
(a) He is wounded.
(b) This is not revealed in the poem.
(c) He receives a letter.
(d) He is killed.
2. Where did Owen go after leaving his position as an assistant?
3. What two items does a soldier come to appreciate in "Arms and the Boy?"
(a) Prayer and music.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Dry socks and gloves.
(d) Bayonets and bullets.
4. Where are soldiers massing in "Spring Offensive?"
(a) A trench.
(b) Between two buildings.
(c) A hill.
(d) A meadow.
5. Who is the young man in "The Parable of the Old Man and the Young?"
(c) An unnamed soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what laughs at the soldiers in "The Last Laugh?"
2. How do soldiers feel about Death in "The Next War?"
3. What does the sentry say he sees later in "The Sentry?"
4. What caused Owen to mature as a poet, according to the author of the Introduction?
5. What is stopped in "Soldier's Dream?"
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)