|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the soldier in "The Dead-Beat?"
(a) He was sent back to the front.
(b) He died.
(c) He was court martialed.
(d) He was sent home.
2. What does the sentry say about himself in "The Sentry?"
(a) He is a friend.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He knows how to help them escape.
(d) He plans to kill them if they fall asleep.
3. What poet helped Owen with his literary ambitions?
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) William Carlos Williams.
(c) Laurent Tailhade.
(d) John Keats.
4. Who is the young man in "The Parable of the Old Man and the Young?"
(d) An unnamed soldier.
5. What happens to the speaker writing in "The Letter?"
(a) This is not revealed in the poem.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He receives a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker try to wake a soldier in "Futility?"
2. Owen's preface says his poems are about __________.
3. What can the soldiers not forget in "Mental Cases?"
4. Where does the speaker of "Strange Meeting" realize he is?
5. What instrument did Owen learn to play?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)