|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 144-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Owen attend college?
(b) London University.
2. Where is the hole cut in "Not one Corner...?"
(b) The speaker's heart.
(d) The battlefield.
3. When were the soldiers happy, according to "Happiness?"
(a) In the moments before battle.
(b) When they were in love.
(c) When they were children.
(d) In the moments after battle.
4. Whom is the speaker running next to in "To--?"
(a) An image of himself.
(b) A girl.
(c) An angel.
(d) A ghost.
5. Where is the soldier in "Inspection?"
(a) A parade.
(b) At home.
(c) A front line trench.
(d) A hospital ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sleeping in "The Kind Ghosts?"
2. In what year was Owen born?
3. According to "At a Cavalry near the Ancre," what do people who love die without?
4. What does the speaker of "Cramped in that Funnelled Hole" call the hole?
5. "Sonnet Autumnal" uses the end of summer as an analogy for the end of ___________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)