|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131-144.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Sonnet: To a Child," what do children realize about the world that affects their wisdom?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is fleeting.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is deceptive.
2. Whom is the speaker writing to in "The Letter?"
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
3. Who or what laughs at the soldiers in "The Last Laugh?"
(a) Enemy soldiers.
4. "Sonnet Autumnal" uses the end of summer as an analogy for the end of ___________.
(a) A love.
(b) A dream.
5. What aspect of youth is appreciated in "Sonnet: To a Child?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of "Bold Horatius" studying?
2. On what river is the barge in "Hospital Barge at Cerisy?"
3. What is the mood of the people walking down the street in "Six o'clock in Princes Street?"
4. Why does the speaker deprive himself of worldly pleasures in "Training?"
5. Who rises above the battlefield with the speaker in "The Show?"
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)