|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this line from "Mr. Bleaney": "That how we live measures ________."
2. In the poem "Wild Oats," how much did the narrator pay for the ring?
3. In the poem "Afternoons," what is the wind ruining?
4. In the poem "Ambulances," what phrase is italicized?
5. In "The Building," what kind of building is the poem about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the collection "The Less Deceived," time is a common theme. Write an essay on the theme of time in this collection, using at least three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Larkin uses nature often in his poetry. Using at least two poems, write an essay that explains his comparison of human characteristics vs. those of nature.
Essay Topic 3
In the collection "The North Ship," winter and snow are common elements. Using at least three poems, write an essay detailing Larkin's use of these elements in the collection.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)