|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Nothing to be Said," what does the poet say life is?
2. In the poem "Broadcast," what popular figure is on television?
3. In "Friday Night at the Royal Station Hotel," what is the porter doing?
4. In the poem "Take One Home for the Kiddies," what happens to the animal that is brought home?
5. What kind of animal is mentioned in the poem "First Sight"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three poems, write an essay about the theme of music in Larkin's collection, "The North Ship."
Essay Topic 2
Memories play an important role in Larkin's poetry. Write an essay on the theme of memories in the collection "The Less Deceived." Make sure you use at least two poems in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the symbolism behind Larkin's use of the moon in the collection "The North Ship."
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)