|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Self's the Man," what is the name of the character that the narrator is comparing himself?
2. Finish this line from the poem "Days": "Days are where ________."
(a) We wait for death.
(b) We grow ourselves.
(c) We watch our lives.
(d) We live in.
3. In the poem "Forget What Did," what was a stun to memory?
(a) Forgetting her name.
(b) Burning the pictures.
(c) Stopping the diary.
(d) Learning a language.
4. In "Homage to a Government," why are the soldiers coming home?
(a) The war is over.
(b) They are defeated.
(c) They lack money.
(d) The draft was revoked.
5. In the poem "Love Songs in Age," what is the widow playing?
(a) The violin.
(b) The piano.
(c) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of the poem "A Study of Reading Habits"?
2. In the poem "Wild Oats," how much did the narrator pay for the ring?
3. Finish this line from "As Bad as a Mile": "The apple unbitten ________."
4. In the poem "Talking in Bed," what does the narrator say about talking in bed?
5. In the poem "Here," where is the narrator swerving in the first stanza?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)