|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Reference Back," what is the narrator doing?
(a) Playing records.
(b) Visiting his hometown.
(c) Reading at the library.
(d) Thinking about high school.
2. In the poem "High Windows," what does the narrator say about the sky?
(a) It is overwhelming.
(b) It is endless.
(c) It is overcast.
(d) It is terrific.
3. In the poem "Talking in Bed," what does the narrator say about talking in bed?
(a) It is a tradition.
(b) It should be easiest.
(c) It shouldn't be done.
(d) It is a bother.
4. In "Friday Night at the Royal Station Hotel," what is the porter doing?
(a) Carrying bags.
(b) Watching T.V.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
(d) Reading the paper.
5. What is the last line to the poem "Home Is So Sad"?
(a) The music in that piano stool.
(b) Long fallen wide.
(c) Home is so sad.
(d) That vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is mentioned in the poem "First Sight"?
2. In "The Trees," what does the narrator say the greenness of the leaves is?
3. In the poem "Mr Bleaney," where did Mr. Bleaney stay till they moved him?
4. In "The Building," what kind of building is the poem about?
5. What is the subject of the poem "Solar"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)