|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "MCMXIV," what line is repeated?
(a) Never is beyond the damp.
(b) Never a time again.
(c) Never such innocence.
(d) Never these thoughts.
2. In the poem "Send No Money," what does the narrator say he spent his youth chasing?
3. What kind of animal is mentioned in the poem "First Sight"?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
4. In the poem "Annus Mirabilis," when did sexual intercourse begin?
5. In what year was the collection "The Whitsun Weddings" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Take One Home for the Kiddies," what happens to the animal that is brought home?
2. In the poem "Ambulances," what phrase is italicized?
3. In "Posterity," what is the name of the biographer?
4. Finish this line from "As Bad as a Mile": "The apple unbitten ________."
5. In "This Be the Verse," who are the subjects of the poem?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)