|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Posterity," what is the name of the biographer?
(a) Frank Reynolds.
(b) Aaron Kuzueski.
(c) Noel Winterson.
(d) Jake Balokowsky.
2. What is the subject of the poem "Sunny Prestatyn"?
(a) A poster.
(b) A city.
(c) A lover.
(d) A college.
3. What is the subject of the poem "Solar"?
(a) The sun.
4. In the poem "Livings," what kind of constellations are mentioned at the end of the poem?
5. In "The Card-Players," what does Jan van Hogspeuw do?
(d) Throws up.
6. In the poem "MCMXIV," what line is repeated?
(a) Never a time again.
(b) Never is beyond the damp.
(c) Never such innocence.
(d) Never these thoughts.
7. In the poem "Afternoons," what season is approaching?
8. In the poem "The Trees," what word is repeated three times?
9. In the poem "Talking in Bed," what does the narrator say about talking in bed?
(a) It is a tradition.
(b) It should be easiest.
(c) It is a bother.
(d) It shouldn't be done.
10. What does the poet describe in the poem "Essential Beauty"?
(a) Shop windows.
(b) The country.
(c) His lover.
11. In the poem "Posterity," what does the biographer want to do for a year?
(a) Learn to play piano.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Finish a novel.
(d) Teach in Tel Aviv.
12. In "How Distant," what departure does the poem mention?
(a) The departure of reality.
(b) The departure of life.
(c) The departure of young men.
(d) The departure of family.
13. In the poem "Sympathy in White Major," what does the narrator say is not his favorite color?
14. In "Friday Night at the Royal Station Hotel," what is the porter doing?
(a) Watching T.V.
(b) Carrying bags.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
(d) Reading the paper.
15. In the poem "Reference Back," what is the narrator doing?
(a) Reading at the library.
(b) Playing records.
(c) Visiting his hometown.
(d) Thinking about high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "High Windows," what does the narrator say about the sky?
2. What is the last line of the poem "The Old Fools"?
3. In the poem "The Large Cool Store," what does the store sell?
4. In the poem "The Old Fools," what question is asked at the end of the first stanza?
5. In the poem "The Importance of Elsewhere," where is the poet?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)