|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "An Arundel Tomb," what lies at the earl and countess' feet?
2. In the poem "The Trees," what word is repeated three times?
3. Finish this line from "Mr. Bleaney": "That how we live measures ________."
(a) Our own nature.
(b) How successful we will be.
(c) Our importance in the world.
(d) The value of ourselves.
4. Finish this line from "Homage to a Government": "All we can hope to leave them is ________."
5. In the poem "Sympathy in White Major," how many ice cubes does the narrator put in his glass?
6. Finish this line from the poem "Going, Going": "Excuses that make them all ______."
7. In the poem "Mr Bleaney," where did Mr. Bleaney stay till they moved him?
(c) The Bodies.
8. In "Posterity," what is the name of the biographer?
(a) Jake Balokowsky.
(b) Noel Winterson.
(c) Frank Reynolds.
(d) Aaron Kuzueski.
9. What is the last line of the poem "The Card-Players"?
(a) Rain, Wind, and Fire!
(b) This lamplit cave.
(c) The secret, bestial peace!
(d) Belching out smoke.
10. In "The Card-Players," what is the weather outside?
11. In the poem "Reference Back," what is the narrator doing?
(a) Thinking about high school.
(b) Playing records.
(c) Visiting his hometown.
(d) Reading at the library.
12. Finish this line from the poem "Days": "Days are where ________."
(a) We live in.
(b) We wait for death.
(c) We watch our lives.
(d) We grow ourselves.
13. In "Friday Night at the Royal Station Hotel," what is the porter doing?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(b) Carrying bags.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Watching T.V.
14. In the poem "Talking in Bed," what does the narrator say about talking in bed?
(a) It shouldn't be done.
(b) It should be easiest.
(c) It is a tradition.
(d) It is a bother.
15. In the poem "Naturally the Foundation Will Bear Your Expenses," who is the narrator going to meet?
(a) Morgan Forster.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Professor Havord.
(d) Professor Lal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is mentioned in the poem "First Sight"?
2. In the poem "Wild Oats," how much did the narrator pay for the ring?
3. In the poem "Take One Home for the Kiddies," what happens to the animal that is brought home?
4. In "Sad Steps," what is the narrator reminded of while watching the sunrise?
5. In "The Card-Players," what does Jan van Hogspeuw do?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)