|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the poem "Solar"?
(c) The sun.
2. In the poem "Broadcast," what popular figure is on television?
(a) The queen.
(b) The prime minister.
(c) The president.
(d) An actress.
3. What pleases the narrator in the poem "Church Going"?
(a) Watching the people walk into church.
(b) Going to Sunday Mass.
(c) Listening to church music.
(d) Standing in an empty church.
4. In "Self's the Man," what is the name of the character that the narrator is comparing himself?
5. What is the final line of the poem "A Study of Reading Habits"?
(a) Two dirty dogs twice my size.
(b) Books are a load of crap.
(c) Evil was just my lark.
(d) I broke them up like meringues.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Poetry of Departure," what does the narrator say he gets sick of?
2. In the poem "Sympathy in White Major," what does the narrator say is not his favorite color?
3. Finish the line from "Wants": "Beneath it all, desire of ______ runs."
4. What instrument is mentioned in the poem "Reasons for Attendance"?
5. What object is the subject of the poem "Whatever Happened"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)