|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Horns of the Morning," what does the poet say the mornings are bright with?
2. What does the poet describe in the poem "Essential Beauty"?
(a) Shop windows.
(c) His lover.
(d) The country.
3. In the poem "To Write One Song," where does the narrator go so that he can write a sad song?
(a) The train station.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) His house.
(d) The forest.
4. In the poem "Myxomatosis," what object causes the subject pain?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dart.
(c) A concealed hole in the ground.
(d) A trap.
5. In the poem "The Large Cool Store," what does the store sell?
(c) Cheap clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Sympathy in White Major," what does the narrator say is not his favorite color?
2. How many parts compose "The North Ship"?
3. In "Posterity," what is the name of the biographer?
4. What emotion does the narrator of the poem "Wedding-Wind" feel?
5. In the poem "Toads Revisited," where is the narrator?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)