|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "I Dreamed of an Out-thrust Arm," what is the narrator empty of?
2. In the poem "Wedding-Wind," what animal is restless?
3. What is the subject of the poem "Water"?
(c) Drinking water.
4. Finish this line from "As Bad as a Mile": "The apple unbitten ________."
(a) In the grass.
(b) On the tree.
(c) In the vase.
(d) In the palm.
5. In the poem "Night-Music," what kind of trees are mentioned?
(a) Black poplars.
(b) Heavenly maples.
(c) Spring pines.
(d) Grand oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Toads Revisited," where is the narrator?
2. In the poem "Pour Away That Youth," what fear is expressed?
3. What emotion does the narrator of the poem "Wedding-Wind" feel?
4. In the poem "Reference Back," what is the narrator doing?
5. Finish this line from "Mr. Bleaney": "That how we live measures ________."
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)