|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these phrases is italicized in the poem "Places, Loved Ones"?
(a) Your person, your place.
(b) This is my proper ground.
(c) Who has instant claim.
(d) None the less.
2. What animal is mentioned in the poem "Wires"?
3. How many ships does the narrator see in "The North Ship"?
4. What room is mentioned in the poem "Absences"?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The attic.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The basement.
5. What is the subject of the poem "Places, Loved Ones"?
(a) Finding and marrying your true love.
(b) Moving away from the grip of your family.
(c) Fairytale princesses.
(d) Going back to your family roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Maiden Name," what did marriage do to the woman?
2. What is the nationality of the girl on the train in "Like the Train's Beat"?
3. In the poem "Myxomatosis," what object causes the subject pain?
4. In the poem "Poetry of Departure," what does the narrator say he gets sick of?
5. In "The Moon Is Full Tonight," what is gone from earth?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)