|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem is this opening line from: "At last you yielded the album, which,/ Once open, sent me distracted"?
(a) "At Grass."
(b) "Lines on a Young Lady's Photograph Album."
(d) "Whatever Happened?"
2. In the poem "Kick Up the Fire," what causes instantaneous grief?
(a) Being alone.
3. In the poem "So Through That Unripe Day," what do the days lose?
4. In the poem "Heaviest of Flowers," to what does the narrator compare memories?
5. In the poem "Spring," where is the narrator?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the park.
(c) In an airplane.
(d) Looking out of his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Maiden Name," what did marriage do to the woman?
2. What instrument is mentioned in the poem "Reasons for Attendance"?
3. What phrase is italicized in the poem "Next, Please"?
4. In the poem "Pour Away That Youth," what fear is expressed?
5. What is the subject of the poem "I Remember, I Remember"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)