|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "The Dancer," what elements does the dancer contemplate imitating?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A horse.
(d) A rose.
2. In the poem "Deceptions," what does the ruined woman in the epigraph claim?
(a) That she was drugged.
(b) That her husband was not who she thought he was.
(c) That it was a masquerade.
(d) That she deceived someone.
3. In the poem "Latest Face," who is the latest face?
(a) His age, which is showing.
(b) His behavior at the time.
(c) His, in the mirror.
(d) An admirer.
4. In the poem "Love, We Must Part Now," what does the narrator say is always in a parting relationship?
5. In "Dawn," what does the poet say is strange?
(a) That the cock crows at dawn.
(b) That the heart is loveless.
(c) That each morning is new.
(d) That the dawn should break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does the narrator of the poem "Wedding-Wind" feel?
2. In the poem "Wants," what does the narrator want more than anything?
3. In the poem "Skin," what does the narrator call his skin?
4. Which of these phrases is italicized in the poem "Places, Loved Ones"?
5. In the poem "Waiting for Breakfast," what is the female character doing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)