|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "The Bottle Is Drunk," what is the narrator sick from?
(b) Want of sleep.
(d) The cold.
2. In the poem "Nothing to be Said," what does the poet say life is?
(a) Slow dying.
(b) Watching the days pass.
(d) Waiting for something good to come.
3. In the poem "Spring," where is the narrator?
(a) Looking out of his apartment.
(b) In an airplane.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the park.
4. In the poem "Forget What Did," what was a stun to memory?
(a) Learning a language.
(b) Stopping the diary.
(c) Burning the pictures.
(d) Forgetting her name.
5. To whom is "All Catches Alight" dedicated?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(b) Warden Montgomery.
(c) Montgomery Ward.
(d) Bruce Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Naturally the Foundation Will Bear Your Expenses," who is the narrator going to meet?
2. Finish this line from "Fiction and the Reading Public": "Just please me for two generations - you'll be _______."
3. Finish this line from the poem "Going, Going": "Excuses that make them all ______."
4. In the poem "Faith Healing," what phrase in italics is repeated?
5. In the poem "Poetry of Departure," what does the narrator say he gets sick of?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)