|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Morning Has Spread Again," how many times has the narrator and his subject met?
(a) He has known her his whole life.
(b) More than five times.
(c) Fewer than six times.
(d) Every day.
2. In "A Writer," what inanimate object is given a voice?
(a) A candle.
(b) A diary.
(c) A house.
(d) A window.
3. What does the poet describe in the poem "Essential Beauty"?
(a) His lover.
(b) Shop windows.
(d) The country.
4. In "Since the Majority of Me," what does the "majority of me" reject?
(a) The earth.
(b) The majority of people.
(c) The flowers and sighs.
(d) The majority of you.
5. In the poem "Skin," what does the narrator call his skin?
(a) His window to the world.
(b) His life story.
(c) His largest organ.
(d) His daily dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Wedding-Wind," what animal is restless?
2. To whom is "All Catches Alight" dedicated?
3. What does the ship in the poem "Next, Please" represent?
4. In "Dear Charles, My Muse, Asleep or Dead," for what occasion is the poem written?
5. What buildings are mentioned in "How"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)