|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Nothing to be Said," what does the poet say life is?
(a) Slow dying.
(b) Watching the days pass.
(c) Waiting for something good to come.
2. What is the subject of the poem "Sunny Prestatyn"?
(a) A lover.
(b) A city.
(c) A poster.
(d) A college.
3. What object is the subject of the poem "Whatever Happened"?
(a) A compass.
(b) An old coat.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A theater ticket.
4. What pleases the narrator in the poem "Church Going"?
(a) Standing in an empty church.
(b) Going to Sunday Mass.
(c) Watching the people walk into church.
(d) Listening to church music.
5. In the poem "Faith Healing," what phrase in italics is repeated?
(a) What's wrong.
(b) Dear child.
(d) Like losing thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Arrivals, Departures," what line is in parentheses?
2. What is the subject of the poem "Going"?
3. In the poem "Wedding-Wind," what animal is restless?
4. In the poem "Love, We Must Part Now," what does the narrator say is always in a parting relationship?
5. In the poem "Winter," which of these elements is NOT mentioned?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)