|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four Quartets - Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hippopotamus do at night?
2. What was the last name of "Aunt Helen"?
3. What is said in Part IV of "Four Quartets: East Coker" to be "our only food"?
(a) The hated medicine.
(b) The substance of Adam.
(c) The care of lovers.
(d) The bloody flesh.
4. From what will the speaker of "A Song for Simeon" children's children flee?
(a) Foreign faces and swords.
(b) Spears of the soulless.
(c) Familiar faces turned hostile.
(d) Faithless faith-mongers.
5. What compels the "scampering marmoset" in "Whispers of Immortality"?
(a) The Brazilian jaguar.
(b) The Abstract Entities.
(c) The Russian eye.
(d) The anguish of the marrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the last line of "Ash Wednesday" addressed?
2. In "Mr. Eliot's Sunday Morning Service", the masters of what sort of schools are considered controversial and polymath?
3. Who is said to be unpleasantly met in the fifth of the "Five Finger Exercises"?
4. What was the last name of "Cousin Nancy"?
5. What does the speaker of the poem in the "Boston Evening Transcript" do after mounting the steps?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)