|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four Quartets - Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reality does the poem attempt to convey behind the impressive display of the "Triumphal March"?
(a) The temporality of power.
(b) The inevitability of death.
(c) The frivolity of war.
(d) The fecundity of love.
2. What, in the second stanza of "Whispers of Immortality" stares from the sockets of the eyes?
(a) Daffodil bulbs.
(b) Skeletal jaguars.
(d) Unfettered souls.
3. Of what school is the painter who is described in "Mr. Eliot's Sunday Morning Service"?
4. In the first chorus of 'The Rock,' what is said to soar in the summit of Heaven?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Spirit.
(c) The Angel.
(d) The Falcon.
5. What is said in Part IV of "Four Quartets: East Coker" to be "our only food"?
(a) The bloody flesh.
(b) The care of lovers.
(c) The hated medicine.
(d) The substance of Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last line of Part III of "Four Quartets: East Coker" states that "where you are is" where?
2. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
3. In the sixth chorus of 'The Rock,' it is said that it is hard for those who have never known persecution or a Christian to believe what?
4. In "Mr. Eliot's Sunday Morning Service", the masters of what sort of schools are considered controversial and polymath?
5. What is not more still than when the speaker of "Lines for an Old Man" smells "the enemy"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)