|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four Quartets - Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III of "Four Quartets: Burnt Norton", it is said that "time-ridden faces" are distracted from their distractions by what?
2. The juice of what does Mr. Hodgson press on "his palate fine" in "Five Finger Exercises"?
(b) Fresh young geese.
(c) Fresh cantaloupe.
(d) Gooseberry tart.
3. The speaker says that the readers of the "Boston Evening Transcript" sway "in the wind like a field of" what?
(a) Uncut grass.
(b) Ripe corn.
(c) Toy soldiers.
(d) Golden wheat.
4. What in Part V of "Four Quartets: Burnt Norton" is said to be "itself unmoving, / Only the cause and end of movement"?
5. At what does the "lustreless protrusive eye" stare at a perspective of in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar"?
(a) Sir Ferdinand Klein.
(b) Princess Volupine.
(d) The Rialto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be on the bed in "Sweeney Erect", curving backward and clutching at her sides?
2. Which of the following phrases is repeated throughout Part II of "The Waste Land", "A Game of Chess"?
3. What, in the second stanza of "Whispers of Immortality" stares from the sockets of the eyes?
4. Behind what does the "small soul" of "Animula" curl up?
5. How many male voices speak in the third chorus of 'The Rock'?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)