|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lines for an Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the hippo's voice betray "inflexions hoarse and odd"?
(a) The early morning.
(b) Mating time.
(c) Night time.
(d) At birth.
2. What sort bird calls through the fog at the end of "Marina"?
(a) A cardinal.
(b) A bluejay.
(c) A woodthrush.
(d) A raven.
3. What did the wind break when it sprang up in The wind sprang up at four o'clock"?
(a) The bells.
(b) The walls.
(c) The curtains.
(d) The echoes.
4. What does the hippopotamus do at night?
5. In Part I of "The Waste Land", "The Burial of the Dead," which month is said to be the cruelest?
Short Answer Questions
1. If the eyes spoken of in "Eyes that last I saw in tears" outlast the tears, in what will they hold the speaker?
2. In the fragrant brilliance of what does the subject of "Animula" take pleasure?
3. What does the poem's speaker ask if he has the right to do at the very end of "Portrait of a Lady"?
4. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
5. To whom does the speaker hand a copy of the "Boston Evening Transcript"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)