|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lines for an Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
(a) "A madman shakes a dead geranium."
(b) "Regard the moon."
(c) "The last twist of the knife."
(d) "Prepare for life."
2. Which of the following is used in Part I of "The Hollow Men" as a metaphor for the "dried voices" of the hollow men whispering to one another?
(a) Distant hinges squeaking closed.
(b) Pages of a book being thumbed in an adjacent room.
(c) Rats' feet over broken glass.
(d) Dead leaves rustling in the wind.
3. At what does the subject of "Animula" grasp?
(a) Kisses and toys.
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Forks and knives.
(d) Tables and chairs.
4. How does Prufrock say he shall wear the bottoms of his trousers?
5. The speaker of "Hysteria" concentrates his attention with "careful subtlety" to achieving what end?
(a) Stopping the shaking of her breasts.
(b) Constructing a boat from what he finds around him.
(c) Escaping the cavern in which he has been entrapped.
(d) Reassembling the fragments of her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespearean character does Prufrock say he is not?
2. What lies on the table in the first stanza of "A Cooking Egg"?
3. Who is claimed as "our sentimental friend" in "Conversation Galante"?
4. At what does the "lustreless protrusive eye" stare at a perspective of in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar"?
5. What object in "Fragments of an Aristophanic Melodrama" is related to a coffin?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)