|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lines for an Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is it said that Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar" is meditating at the poem's end?
(a) Tepid tea-times.
(b) Time's ruins and the seven laws.
(c) The vacillations of seasonal uniformity.
(d) Frugality and frivolity.
2. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
3. At the end of their journey, at what time did the speakers of the "Journey of the Magi" prefer to travel?
4. What word aptly describes the dances that "Cousin Nancy" danced?
5. Whom does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" cite as saying that "The lengthened shadow of a man / Is history"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker say is not more irritable than he in "Lines for an Old Man"?
2. How many of the characters are women in the fragment of a prologue?
3. What shall wash the hippopotamus clean?
4. Who tries to sit on Sweeney's knees in "Sweeney Among the Nightingales"?
5. What, according to the end of Part V of "The Hollow Men", is the way the world ends?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)