|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lines for an Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hippopotamus do at night?
2. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
(a) The rat.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The cat.
(d) The parrot.
3. On what does the speaker in "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to lean?
(a) The pavement of the stair.
(b) A garden urn.
(c) The noon's repose.
(d) A vine-covered wall.
4. The speaker in "Hysteria" states that he becomes involved in "her" laughter until her teeth become what?
(a) Accidental stars.
(b) Fragments of gold.
(c) Short gasps.
(d) Iron tables.
5. How many characters are in the fragment of a prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fragrant brilliance of what does the subject of "Animula" take pleasure?
2. From what will the speaker of "A Song for Simeon" children's children flee?
3. The enemy in "Lines for an Old Man" is said to be dangling from what?
4. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
5. What is not more still than when the speaker of "Lines for an Old Man" smells "the enemy"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)