|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Poems- Eyes that last I saw in tears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is used in Part I of "The Hollow Men" as a metaphor for the "dried voices" of the hollow men whispering to one another?
(a) Dead leaves rustling in the wind.
(b) Rats' feet over broken glass.
(c) Distant hinges squeaking closed.
(d) Pages of a book being thumbed in an adjacent room.
2. The speaker of "Ash Wednesday" informs a lady in Part II that what sat under a juniper tree?
(a) Six staring skulls.
(b) Three white leopards.
(c) A hungry dog.
(d) A young maid.
3. What, according to the end of Part V of "The Hollow Men", is the way the world ends?
(a) With a bang.
(b) Under the shadow.
(c) With a whimper.
(d) In dazzling silence.
4. Behind what does the "small soul" of "Animula" curl up?
(a) The Encyclopaedia Britannica.
(b) The Grand Piano.
(c) Copleston's History of Philosophy.
(d) The Oxford English Dictionary.
5. In order to keep what warm does "our lot" crawl "between dry ribs" at the end of "Whispers of Immortality"?
(a) Our hearts.
(b) Our mothers.
(c) Our souls.
(d) Our metaphysics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The penultimate line in Part IV of "Ash Wednesday" mentions how many whispers from the yew?
2. In Part I of "The Waste Land", "The Burial of the Dead," which month is said to be the cruelest?
3. What disordered objects are left in a dusty room in "Animula"?
4. What in "Morning at the Window" "hovers in the air" and "vanishes along the level of the roofs"?
5. What lies on the table in the first stanza of "A Cooking Egg"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)