|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Poems- Eyes that last I saw in tears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases is repeated throughout Part II of "The Waste Land", "A Game of Chess"?
(a) "I can't help it."
(b) "Shantih, Shantih, Shantih."
(c) "Hurry up please it's time."
(d) "Sweet Thames, run softly."
2. At what times does the speaker of "Animula" ask others to pray on the behalf of "us"?
(a) Now and at the hour of our death.
(b) Now and at the hour of our birth.
(c) At our birth and at our death.
(d) Now and for all eternity.
3. Which of the following cities is not named in Part V of "The Waste Land", "What the Thunder Said"?
4. What shall happen to those who praise the auditor of "A Song for Simeon"?
(a) They shall be gloried on earth.
(b) They shall suffer on earth.
(c) They shall be like gods in the eyes of men.
(d) They shall wither.
5. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
(a) "A madman shakes a dead geranium."
(b) "Prepare for life."
(c) "Regard the moon."
(d) "The last twist of the knife."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do "these cogitations" sometimes "still amaze" in "La Figlia che Piange"?
2. The speaker sees what, but not what in the first stanza of "Eyes that last I saw in tears"?
3. What God slowly left Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar"?
4. Which two "guardians of the faith" kept watch upon the shelves?
5. From what will the speaker of "A Song for Simeon" children's children flee?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)