|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minor Poems- Eyes that last I saw in tears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the "lips that would kiss" in Part III of "The Hollow Men" form prayers?
(a) Ancient rites.
(b) Deaf gods.
(c) Final answers.
(d) Broken stone.
2. To whom is the last line of "Ash Wednesday" addressed?
(a) The poet.
3. When does the hippo's voice betray "inflexions hoarse and odd"?
(a) Mating time.
(b) Night time.
(c) At birth.
(d) The early morning.
4. How many of the characters are women in the fragment of a prologue?
5. In Part I of "The Waste Land", "The Burial of the Dead," which month is said to be the cruelest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two things are "Whispers and small laughter" found in "Marina"?
2. What sort of game are the women in "Fragments of an Aristophanic Melodrama" playing?
3. What word is repeated at the end of "Difficulties of a Statesman"?
4. On what is it said that Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar" is meditating at the poem's end?
5. The speaker of "Eyes that last I saw in tears" says that what he sees, but that what he does not see, is his what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)