|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ash-Wednesday (1930) | Ariel Poems - Journey of the Magi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is the speaker in the first stanza of "Gerontion" being read?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
2. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
(a) The sound of a centaur's hoofs.
(b) A bitten macaroon.
(c) A slice of lemon.
(d) Nothing at all.
3. Who in "Sweeney Among the Nightingales" "declines the gambit, shows fatigue"?
(b) The person in the Spanish cape.
(c) The man with heavy eyes.
(d) The silent man in mocha brown.
4. What Shakespearean character does Prufrock say he is not?
(c) Henry Bolingbroke.
5. Which of the following cities is not named in Part V of "The Waste Land", "What the Thunder Said"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
2. In "Mr. Eliot's Sunday Morning Service", the masters of what sort of schools are considered controversial and polymath?
3. What does the speaker of "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to weave in her hair?
4. How many people speak in "Conversation Galante"?
5. Who tries to sit on Sweeney's knees in "Sweeney Among the Nightingales"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)