|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Mr. Eliot's Sunday Morning Service | Poems (1920) - Sweeney Among the Nightingales.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did Donne in "Whispers of Immortality" find no substitute?
2. What does the speaker say unnatural vices are fathered by in "Gerontion"?
(a) Oor impudent crimes.
(b) Our reconsidered passion.
(c) Our heroism.
(d) Our virtues.
3. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
4. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
(a) Petrarchan mind.
(b) Achilles' heel.
(c) Winged foot.
(d) Elysian hope.
5. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A broadway marquee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to weave in her hair?
2. What in "Morning at the Window" "hovers in the air" and "vanishes along the level of the roofs"?
3. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
4. On what is it said that Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar" is meditating at the poem's end?
5. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)