|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Gerontion | Poems (1920) - Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
(a) A slice of lemon.
(b) A bitten macaroon.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) The sound of a centaur's hoofs.
2. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
(a) Achilles' heel.
(b) Winged foot.
(c) Elysian hope.
(d) Petrarchan mind.
3. On what does the speaker in "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to lean?
(a) The pavement of the stair.
(b) The noon's repose.
(c) A garden urn.
(d) A vine-covered wall.
4. What event is spoken of in the last line of the first part of the "Preludes"?
(a) The tramping of a man's feet.
(b) The rustling of a newspaper.
(c) The stamping of a horse.
(d) The lighting of the lamps.
5. By whom is the speaker in the first stanza of "Gerontion" being read?
(a) A boy.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) A girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are "they" rattling breakfast plates in "Morning at the Window"?
2. What do "these cogitations" sometimes "still amaze" in "La Figlia che Piange"?
3. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
4. The speaker says that the readers of the "Boston Evening Transcript" sway "in the wind like a field of" what?
5. Who spreads a pink and white checkered cloth over a rusty table in "Hysteria"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)