|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Gerontion | Poems (1920) - Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is it said that Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar" is meditating at the poem's end?
(a) Tepid tea-times.
(b) Frugality and frivolity.
(c) Time's ruins and the seven laws.
(d) The vacillations of seasonal uniformity.
2. On what does the speaker in "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to lean?
(a) The noon's repose.
(b) The pavement of the stair.
(c) A vine-covered wall.
(d) A garden urn.
3. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
4. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
(a) Three in the afternoon.
(b) Four in the morning.
5. To whom does the speaker hand a copy of the "Boston Evening Transcript"?
(a) Cousin Thomas.
(b) Cousin Jones.
(c) Cousin Harriet.
(d) Cousin Melville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
2. The speaker in "Hysteria" states that he becomes involved in "her" laughter until her teeth become what?
3. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
4. Who is the literal "he" that devours "us" in line 48 of "Gerontion"?
5. The speaker of the "Preludes" has a notion of something infinitely what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)