|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Gerontion | Poems (1920) - Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are "they" rattling breakfast plates in "Morning at the Window"?
(a) Ancient cupboards.
(b) Dining halls.
(c) Basement kitchens.
(d) Oaken tables.
2. Who spreads a pink and white checkered cloth over a rusty table in "Hysteria"?
(a) An effete boy.
(b) An elderly waiter.
(c) The beloved of the speaker.
(d) The speaker.
3. What word aptly describes the dances that "Cousin Nancy" danced?
4. Of whose "damp souls" is the speaker of "Morning at the Window" aware?
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(c) Old wives.
5. On what does the speaker in "La Figlia che Piange" tell his auditor to lean?
(a) A garden urn.
(b) The noon's repose.
(c) A vine-covered wall.
(d) The pavement of the stair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock", it is said that the women "come and go, talking of" whom?
2. To whom does the speaker hand a copy of the "Boston Evening Transcript"?
3. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
4. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
5. What is the last time mentioned in "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)