|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
(a) A bitten macaroon.
(b) The sound of a centaur's hoofs.
(c) A slice of lemon.
(d) Nothing at all.
2. What was the last name of "Cousin Nancy"?
3. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
4. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
5. In the second part of the "Preludes", the speaker says that the morning comes to consciousness with faint smells of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem's speaker ask if he has the right to do at the very end of "Portrait of a Lady"?
2. How does Prufrock say he shall wear the bottoms of his trousers?
3. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
4. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
5. What does the speaker of the poem in the "Boston Evening Transcript" do after mounting the steps?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)