|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second part of the "Preludes", the speaker says that the morning comes to consciousness with faint smells of what?
2. What in "Morning at the Window" "hovers in the air" and "vanishes along the level of the roofs"?
(a) An aimless smile.
(b) A twisted face.
(c) A dry exhale.
(d) A despondent wail.
3. How does Prufrock say he shall wear the bottoms of his trousers?
4. Who spreads a pink and white checkered cloth over a rusty table in "Hysteria"?
(a) The beloved of the speaker.
(b) An effete boy.
(c) An elderly waiter.
(d) The speaker.
5. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
2. What does the poem's speaker ask if he has the right to do at the very end of "Portrait of a Lady"?
3. What word aptly describes the dances that "Cousin Nancy" danced?
4. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
5. In "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock", it is said that the women "come and go, talking of" whom?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)