|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speaker of "Hysteria" concentrates his attention with "careful subtlety" to achieving what end?
(a) Reassembling the fragments of her teeth.
(b) Escaping the cavern in which he has been entrapped.
(c) Stopping the shaking of her breasts.
(d) Constructing a boat from what he finds around him.
2. In "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock", it is said that the women "come and go, talking of" whom?
3. What was the last name of "Aunt Helen"?
4. Which two "guardians of the faith" kept watch upon the shelves?
(a) Virgil and Homer.
(b) Alighieri and Spenser.
(c) Alfred and Omar.
(d) Matthew and Waldo.
5. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
2. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
3. Of whose "damp souls" is the speaker of "Morning at the Window" aware?
4. To whom does the speaker hand a copy of the "Boston Evening Transcript"?
5. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)