|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speaker says that the readers of the "Boston Evening Transcript" sway "in the wind like a field of" what?
(a) Ripe corn.
(b) Toy soldiers.
(c) Golden wheat.
(d) Uncut grass.
2. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
(a) The United States.
3. What in "Morning at the Window" "hovers in the air" and "vanishes along the level of the roofs"?
(a) A dry exhale.
(b) A twisted face.
(c) An aimless smile.
(d) A despondent wail.
4. The speaker of the "Preludes" has a notion of something infinitely what?
(a) Vast and deep.
(b) Gentile and suffering.
(c) Free and living.
(d) Patient and loving.
5. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
(a) Elysian hope.
(b) Achilles' heel.
(c) Winged foot.
(d) Petrarchan mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whose "damp souls" is the speaker of "Morning at the Window" aware?
2. What does the poem's speaker ask if he has the right to do at the very end of "Portrait of a Lady"?
3. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
4. What is the last time mentioned in "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
5. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)