|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
(a) Elysian hope.
(b) Petrarchan mind.
(c) Winged foot.
(d) Achilles' heel.
2. To whom does the speaker hand a copy of the "Boston Evening Transcript"?
(a) Cousin Melville.
(b) Cousin Harriet.
(c) Cousin Thomas.
(d) Cousin Jones.
3. What Shakespearean character does Prufrock say he is not?
(b) Henry Bolingbroke.
4. What does the poem's speaker ask if he has the right to do at the very end of "Portrait of a Lady"?
5. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
(b) Three in the afternoon.
(c) Four in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word aptly describes the dances that "Cousin Nancy" danced?
2. The speaker in "Portrait of a Lady" states that his auditor would have the "scene arrange itself" among the smoke and fog of an afternoon in what month?
3. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
4. The speaker says that the readers of the "Boston Evening Transcript" sway "in the wind like a field of" what?
5. The speaker of "Hysteria" concentrates his attention with "careful subtlety" to achieving what end?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)