|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Mr. Apollinax | Analysis for Prufrock and Other Observations (1917) - Hysteria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
(c) The United States.
2. What in "Morning at the Window" "hovers in the air" and "vanishes along the level of the roofs"?
(a) An aimless smile.
(b) A dry exhale.
(c) A despondent wail.
(d) A twisted face.
3. How does Prufrock say he shall wear the bottoms of his trousers?
4. In the second part of the "Preludes", the speaker says that the morning comes to consciousness with faint smells of what?
5. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A table.
(c) A broadway marquee.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants did "Aunt Helen" have?
2. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
3. The speaker of "Hysteria" concentrates his attention with "careful subtlety" to achieving what end?
4. The "voice" in the second part of "Portrait of a Lady" says that her auditor, the poem's speaker, has no what?
5. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)