|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Choruses from 'The Rock'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
(a) Four in the morning.
(b) Three in the afternoon.
2. At what does the subject of "Animula" grasp?
(a) Kisses and toys.
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Forks and knives.
(d) Tables and chairs.
3. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
(a) The sound of a centaur's hoofs.
(b) A slice of lemon.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) A bitten macaroon.
4. What, in the second stanza of "Whispers of Immortality" stares from the sockets of the eyes?
(a) Daffodil bulbs.
(b) Unfettered souls.
(d) Skeletal jaguars.
5. When does the hippo's voice betray "inflexions hoarse and odd"?
(a) Night time.
(b) At birth.
(c) The early morning.
(d) Mating time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not more still than when the speaker of "Lines for an Old Man" smells "the enemy"?
2. In the second stanza of "Eyes that last I saw in tears", the speaker says that the eyes he shall not see again are eyes of what?
3. In Part I of "The Waste Land", "The Burial of the Dead," which month is said to be the cruelest?
4. In the sixth chorus of 'The Rock,' it is said that it is hard for those who have never known persecution or a Christian to believe what?
5. What do people enjoy about marches like the one described in the "Triumphal March"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)