|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Choruses from 'The Rock'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second of the "Five Finger Exercises", what stands in the brown field?
(a) A century.
(b) A man.
(c) A tree.
(d) A scarecrow.
2. What disordered objects are left in a dusty room in "Animula"?
3. What do people enjoy about marches like the one described in the "Triumphal March"?
(a) The loss of human life.
(b) The promise of a better future.
(c) The acquisition of goods.
(d) The spectacle of power.
4. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) A bitten macaroon.
(c) The sound of a centaur's hoofs.
(d) A slice of lemon.
5. At what times does the speaker of "Animula" ask others to pray on the behalf of "us"?
(a) At our birth and at our death.
(b) Now and for all eternity.
(c) Now and at the hour of our death.
(d) Now and at the hour of our birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what door might the speaker of "Eyes that last I saw in tears" see the eyes again?
2. In order to keep what warm does "our lot" crawl "between dry ribs" at the end of "Whispers of Immortality"?
3. In the second stanza of "Eyes that last I saw in tears", the speaker says that the eyes he shall not see again are eyes of what?
4. The speaker in "Hysteria" states that he becomes involved in "her" laughter until her teeth become what?
5. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)