|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Choruses from 'The Rock'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the eyes spoken of in "Eyes that last I saw in tears" outlast the tears, in what will they hold the speaker?
2. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
(a) A table.
(b) A broadway marquee.
(c) A chair.
(d) An automobile.
3. What is "more affectionate than hate" in "Lines for an Old Man"?
(a) The relfection of the golden eye.
(b) The laying bare of the tooth of wit.
(c) The hissing over the arched tongue.
(d) The love of truth.
4. To whom is the praise directed in the tenth chorus of 'The Rock'?
(a) God the Holy Spirit.
(b) The Holy Theotokos.
(c) The Light Invisible.
(d) God the Father.
5. Who spreads a pink and white checkered cloth over a rusty table in "Hysteria"?
(a) An effete boy.
(b) An elderly waiter.
(c) The speaker.
(d) The beloved of the speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what in "Whispers of Immortality" was Webster much possessed?
2. The enemy in "Lines for an Old Man" is said to be dangling from what?
3. For what did Donne in "Whispers of Immortality" find no substitute?
4. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
5. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)