|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Choruses from 'The Rock'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chorus of 'The Rock,' what is said to soar in the summit of Heaven?
(a) The Spirit.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Falcon.
(d) The Angel.
2. What is "inaccessible by the young" in "Lines for an Old Man"?
(a) The laying bare of the tooth of wit.
(b) The reflection of the golden eye.
(c) The hissing over the arched tongue.
(d) The truth of love.
3. What does the dullard in "Lines for an Old Man" know?
(a) That the day is done.
(b) That there is no sun.
(c) That he is mad.
(d) That all men must die.
4. The speaker of "Eyes that last I saw in tears" says that what he sees, but that what he does not see, is his what?
5. What word is repeated at the end of "Difficulties of a Statesman"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
2. What word aptly describes the dances that "Cousin Nancy" danced?
3. The juice of what does Mr. Hodgson press on "his palate fine" in "Five Finger Exercises"?
4. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
5. From what will the speaker of "A Song for Simeon" children's children flee?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)