|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Le Directeur, Melange Adultere de Tout, Lune de Miel | Poems (1920) - The Hippopotamus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker say unnatural vices are fathered by in "Gerontion"?
(a) Oor impudent crimes.
(b) Our reconsidered passion.
(c) Our virtues.
(d) Our heroism.
2. What is the last time mentioned in "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
(b) Four in the morning.
(c) Four in the afternoon.
3. What shall wash the hippopotamus clean?
(a) The water of the river.
(b) The first snow of the year.
(c) The Blood of the Lamb.
(d) The fire of the Lord.
4. What can the hippopotamus never reach, in contrast to the Church which is refreshed by similar objects from overseas?
5. What does the hippopotamus do at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spreads a pink and white checkered cloth over a rusty table in "Hysteria"?
2. What was the last name of "Aunt Helen"?
3. The speaker of the "Preludes" has a notion of something infinitely what?
4. In what shall the "True Church" of "The Hippopotamus" remained wrapped below?
5. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)