|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Le Directeur, Melange Adultere de Tout, Lune de Miel | Poems (1920) - The Hippopotamus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last phrase of "Rhapsody on a Windy Night"?
(a) "The last twist of the knife."
(b) "A madman shakes a dead geranium."
(c) "Prepare for life."
(d) "Regard the moon."
2. The speaker of "Hysteria" concentrates his attention with "careful subtlety" to achieving what end?
(a) Constructing a boat from what he finds around him.
(b) Stopping the shaking of her breasts.
(c) Reassembling the fragments of her teeth.
(d) Escaping the cavern in which he has been entrapped.
3. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
(c) The United States.
4. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
(a) A table.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A broadway marquee.
(d) A chair.
5. When does the hippo's voice betray "inflexions hoarse and odd"?
(a) Night time.
(b) Mating time.
(c) The early morning.
(d) At birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker of the "Preludes" has a notion of something infinitely what?
2. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
3. At what time does "Rhapsody on a Windy Night" begin?
4. What is the last thing the speaker remembers of Mrs. Phlaccus and Professor and Mrs. Cheetah in "Mr. Apollinax"?
5. Which two "guardians of the faith" kept watch upon the shelves?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)