|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems (1920) - Le Directeur, Melange Adultere de Tout, Lune de Miel | Poems (1920) - The Hippopotamus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the hippo's voice betray "inflexions hoarse and odd"?
(a) At birth.
(b) Mating time.
(c) The early morning.
(d) Night time.
2. What does the hippopotamus do at night?
3. Upon what is the "True Church" in The Hippopotamus based?
(a) Flesh and blood.
(b) A rock.
(d) The mud.
4. What was the last name of "Cousin Nancy"?
5. What country has Mr. Apollinax visited according to the poem of the same name?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
2. The speaker in "Hysteria" states that he becomes involved in "her" laughter until her teeth become what?
3. Under what did the poem's speaker look for Mr. Apollinax's head to roll?
4. What can the hippopotamus never reach, in contrast to the Church which is refreshed by similar objects from overseas?
5. Which two "guardians of the faith" kept watch upon the shelves?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)