|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ariel Poems - The Cultivation of Christmas Trees.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal's path will the speaker of "A Song for Simeon" children's children take?
(a) The fox's.
(b) The lion's.
(c) The goat's.
(d) The deer's.
2. Which two "guardians of the faith" kept watch upon the shelves?
(a) Virgil and Homer.
(b) Alighieri and Spenser.
(c) Matthew and Waldo.
(d) Alfred and Omar.
3. Who is the "still unspeaking and unspoken Word" in "A Song for Simeon"?
(a) The Servant.
(c) The Foreigner.
(d) The Infant.
4. Of what does the first coming remind "us" in "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees"?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The first man.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The second coming.
5. Who is the literal "he" that devours "us" in line 48 of "Gerontion"?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The old man.
(d) De Bailhache.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is it said that Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar" is meditating at the poem's end?
2. In order to keep what warm does "our lot" crawl "between dry ribs" at the end of "Whispers of Immortality"?
3. Whose "Russian eye" in "Whispers of Immortality" is "underlined for emphasis"?
4. What shall happen to those who praise the auditor of "A Song for Simeon"?
5. By what in "Whispers of Immortality" was Webster much possessed?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)