|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ariel Poems - The Cultivation of Christmas Trees.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the first coming remind "us" in "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees"?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The first man.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The second coming.
2. What does the speaker of "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees" say should not be forgotten in later experience?
(a) The first-remembered Christmas Tree.
(b) The first-remembered Christmas meal.
(c) The last-remembered Christmas Tree.
(d) The first-remembered Christmas present.
3. What animal died shortly after "Aunt Helen"?
(a) The parrot.
(b) The rat.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The cat.
4. What shall happen to those who praise the auditor of "A Song for Simeon"?
(a) They shall suffer on earth.
(b) They shall wither.
(c) They shall be gloried on earth.
(d) They shall be like gods in the eyes of men.
5. What God slowly left Burbank in "Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in the second stanza of "Whispers of Immortality" stares from the sockets of the eyes?
2. What compels the "scampering marmoset" in "Whispers of Immortality"?
3. What does the speaker say unnatural vices are fathered by in "Gerontion"?
4. What number does the speaker of "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees" ascribe to the last Christmas?
5. By what in "Whispers of Immortality" was Webster much possessed?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)