|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Landscapes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disordered objects are left in a dusty room in "Animula"?
2. What is the reader implored not to hope to find behind the white well in the third Landscape?
(a) Broken steel.
(b) The broken branch.
(c) The white hart.
(d) Memories of pride.
3. In the fragrant brilliance of what does the subject of "Animula" take pleasure?
(a) The shine and jingle of a set of keys.
(b) The flickering candle.
(c) The lapping waters of the river.
(d) The Christmas tree.
4. What image is used as a metaphor in the second Landscape?
(a) A field.
(b) A river.
(c) A marketplace.
(d) A kingdom.
5. From whose hand does the simple soul issue in "Animula"?
(b) The world's soul's.
(d) The earth's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek god does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" insist be displayed above him in the poem's second stanza?
2. Who is said to be on the bed in "Sweeney Erect", curving backward and clutching at her sides?
3. Whom does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" cite as saying that "The lengthened shadow of a man / Is history"?
4. Behind what does the "small soul" of "Animula" curl up?
5. What occurred in the past of the location of the fourth Landscape?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)