|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Landscapes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image is used as a metaphor in the second Landscape?
(a) A field.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A river.
(d) A marketplace.
2. Where are children's voices heard in the Landscape of New Hampshire?
(a) The orchard.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The dining hall.
3. Over what do multitudes weep, as reported in the final stanza of A Cooking Egg?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) Beer and bread.
(c) Crumpets and scones.
(d) Fear and loathing.
4. What lies on the table in the first stanza of "A Cooking Egg"?
(a) Views of the Oxford Colleges.
(b) An invitation to the dance.
(c) The Grand Chartreuse.
(d) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
5. Who shall be the speaker's bride in A Cooking Egg?
(a) Madame Blavatsky.
(c) Beatrice Valanche.
(d) Lucretia Borgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disordered objects are left in a dusty room in "Animula"?
2. Whom does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" cite as saying that "The lengthened shadow of a man / Is history"?
3. Which Greek god does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" insist be displayed above him in the poem's second stanza?
4. To whom does the speaker say Cape Ann, the last Landscape, truly belongs?
5. At what does the subject of "Animula" grasp?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)