|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Landscapes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are children's voices heard in the Landscape of New Hampshire?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The dining hall.
2. Which Greek god does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" insist be displayed above him in the poem's second stanza?
3. What occurred in the past of the location of the fourth Landscape?
(b) A marriage.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A carnival.
4. Who is said to be on the bed in "Sweeney Erect", curving backward and clutching at her sides?
(a) Mrs. Turner.
(b) The epileptic.
(d) The lady of the corridor.
5. Behind what does the "small soul" of "Animula" curl up?
(a) The Grand Piano.
(b) Copleston's History of Philosophy.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Encyclopaedia Britannica.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fourth Landscape, which of the following does the road NOT wind?
2. What image is used as a metaphor in the second Landscape?
3. At what times does the speaker of "Animula" ask others to pray on the behalf of "us"?
4. What lies on the table in the first stanza of "A Cooking Egg"?
5. Whom does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" cite as saying that "The lengthened shadow of a man / Is history"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)