|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Landscapes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to be on the bed in "Sweeney Erect", curving backward and clutching at her sides?
(b) Mrs. Turner.
(c) The epileptic.
(d) The lady of the corridor.
2. Whom does the speaker in "Sweeney Erect" cite as saying that "The lengthened shadow of a man / Is history"?
3. At what times does the speaker of "Animula" ask others to pray on the behalf of "us"?
(a) Now and at the hour of our death.
(b) Now and at the hour of our birth.
(c) At our birth and at our death.
(d) Now and for all eternity.
4. Who shall be the speaker's bride in A Cooking Egg?
(a) Madame Blavatsky.
(b) Beatrice Valanche.
(d) Lucretia Borgia.
5. Behind what does the "small soul" of "Animula" curl up?
(a) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(b) The Encyclopaedia Britannica.
(c) Copleston's History of Philosophy.
(d) The Grand Piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in the past of the location of the fourth Landscape?
2. What disordered objects are left in a dusty room in "Animula"?
3. At what does the subject of "Animula" grasp?
4. To whom does the speaker say Cape Ann, the last Landscape, truly belongs?
5. From whose hand does the simple soul issue in "Animula"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)