|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Maker: Part IV, In Praise of Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Parable of Cervantes and Don Quixote," Cervantes can best be described as which of the following?
(a) Unaware of the future recognition of his fictional character, Don Quixote.
(b) Young and arrogant.
(d) Despondent, for he believes art is useless.
2. In "The Improbable Impostor Tom Castro," what causes Tom's fake identity scheme to fall apart?
(a) At the trial, a saavy lawyer produces papers demonstrating Tom can't be who he says he is.
(b) The real person, whom Tom was impersonating, returns.
(c) Ebenezer Bogle's death.
(d) Ebenezer Bogle runs out of ideas for perpetuating the fraud.
3. In "The Chamber of Statues," where is the king warned not to go?
(a) The Tower.
(b) On a ship.
(d) To a bazaar.
4. In "The Cult of the Phoenix," what objects are involved in their rituals?
(b) Cork, wax, and slime.
5. In "The Story of the Warrior and the Captive Maiden," what is the attitude of the English woman who has married an Indian?
(a) She is thoroughly Indian herself now.
(b) She despises Indians.
(c) She has gone mad.
(d) She feigns assimilation with the Indians, but is still quite English.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shape of the Sword," what do we learn of Vincent Moon'?
2. In "Ibn-Hakam-Al Bokhari, Murdered in his Labyrinth," Sa'id tells the preacher that he is afraid of what?
3. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius," what is Tlon?
4. In "The End," whom is the black man waiting for?
5. In "A Biography of Tadeo Isidoro Cruz (1829-1874)," what is the name of the fugitive Tadeo pursues?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)