|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Maker: Part IV, In Praise of Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Mirror of Ink," what happens to the ruler from prying too deeply into a vision?
(a) He comes to realize that what seemed like magic was only a hoax.
(b) He realizes the folly of worldly power and gives up his rule.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes a sorcerer.
2. In "The Man on the Threshold," why is Judge Glencairn sent to the location where he disappears?
(a) There are riots.
(b) He is going to a tryst.
(c) He is seeing a doctor.
(d) He is going to review some legislation.
3. In "The Library of Babel," the library can best be described as which of the following?
(a) Quite finite, just very large.
(b) Endless and existing for all time.
(c) Actually small, with mirrors creating the illusion of size.
(d) Non-existent-- it is only in the dreams of the librarian.
4. In "The Theme of the Traitor and the Hero," what does the historian, Ryan, do when he discovers the truth behind the assassination?
(a) He runs for office in Ireland.
(b) He villifies Kilpatrick and writes a polemic against him.
(c) He stages his own assassination.
(d) He withholds the truth and writes a book in praise of Kilpatrick.
5. In "Pedro Salvadores," Pedro belongs to which party?
(a) The Whigs.
(b) The Aristotlean Thinkers.
(c) The Unitarian party.
(d) The Nazi party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Two Kings and the Two Labyrinths," what happens to the imprisoned King of Babylon?
2. In "A Dialogue About a Dialogue," what interrupts the dialogue?
3. In "The End," whom is the black man waiting for?
4. In "The Story of the Warrior and the Captive Maiden," what is the attitude of the English woman who has married an Indian?
5. In "The Cruel Redeemer Lazarus Morell," what city does Lazarus plan to overtake?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)