|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Maker: Part IV, In Praise of Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius," who first finds an article about Uqbar?
(a) The narrator.
(c) Bioy Casares.
(d) Herbert Ashe.
2. In "Ibn-Hakam-Al Bokhari, Murdered in his Labyrinth," after killing his cousin, where does the protagonist sail?
(a) He does not sail.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To England.
(d) To Antarctica.
3. In "Averroes' Search," who is Averroes?
(a) An astrologer.
(b) A shaman.
(c) A cartographer.
(d) An Islamic philosopher.
4. In "The Garden of Forking Paths," why does Dr. Yu murder Dr. Albert?
(a) Dr. Albert stole his wife.
(b) He is insane.
(c) Dr. Albert made derogatory remarks about Asians.
(d) To alert the German command where to bomb a city named Albert.
5. In "In Memoriam, JFK," JFK's assassination is similar to what event?
(a) The exact same event on an alternate planet.
(b) The details of an O'Henry short story.
(c) The murder of the President of Uruguay in 1897.
(d) An assassination that occurs in a mirror in a labyrinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man on the Threshold," how is the story the narrator hears relevant?
2. In "Averroes' Search," what concept or concepts can Averroes not comprehend?
3. In "The Wait," what happens to Villari at the end?
4. In "Pierre Menard, Author of Quixote," which author is Menard most obsessed with?
5. In "Parable of Cervantes and Don Quixote," Cervantes can best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)