|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aleph: Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Immortal," the troglodyte who recites poetry to Marcus is what writer?
2. In "Funes, His Memory," what does the narrator lend Funes?
(a) Some Latin books.
(b) A book believed to be written by John Milton.
(c) A book on ornithology.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. In "Man on the Pink Corner," what does Rosendo do after the fight with the Yardmaster?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He becomes friends with the Yardmaster.
(c) He opens a shop that sells weapons.
(d) He dies.
4. In "The Secret Miracle," how is Hladik eventually killed?
(a) He is given a pill.
(b) He is shot by a firing squad.
(c) He is gassed.
(d) He is hung.
5. In "The End," what instrument does the black man play outside Recabarren's bar?
(a) The drums.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The flute.
(d) The harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shape of the Sword," what is the defining physical characteristic of John Vincent Moon?
2. In "The Circular Ruins," other than the sorcerer himself, who knows about the content of his dreams?
3. In "The Garden of Forking Paths," why does Dr. Yu murder Dr. Albert?
4. In "The Improbable Impostor Tom Castro," how does Tom make a living after he gets out of jail?
5. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," who or what is Al-Mu'tasim supposed to be?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)