|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aleph: Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Chamber of Statues," where is the king warned not to go?
(a) The Tower.
(b) On a ship.
(c) To a bazaar.
2. In "The Improbable Impostor Tom Castro," who convinces Tom to create a fake identity?
(a) Tom gets the idea himself.
(b) Lady Tichbourne.
(c) Ebenezer Bogle.
(d) Lady Tichbourne's son.
3. In "The Circular Ruins," what does the sorcerer do in his dreams?
(a) Creates a man.
(b) Meets the most beautiful woman alive.
(c) Turns into an eagle.
(d) Rules the world.
4. What does the sorcerer discover at the end of "The Circular Ruins"?
(a) He has been sleeping too much.
(b) He is a jaguar.
(c) That he himself is a dream.
(d) Dreams aren't that important.
5. In "The Lottery in Babylon," who sometimes arbitrates the result of a lottery drawing?
(a) A soothsayer who lives atop a mountain.
(b) The king.
(c) A panel of nine judges.
(d) The populace does a general vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Three Versions of Judas," what is the third version of Judas?
2. In "The Disinterested Killer Bill Harrigan," where does Bill commit most of his outlaw acts?
3. In "The Mirror of Ink," what happens to the ruler from prying too deeply into a vision?
4. In "The Dead Man," why does Otalora first have to leave Argentina?
5. In "Monk Eastman, Purveyor of Iniquities," what does Eastman do to become a bouncer?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)