|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aleph: Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lottery in Babylon," which of these best describes what is drawn for in the lottery?
(a) Cash prizes.
(b) A new spouse.
(c) Anything from a new occupation to jail or even death.
(d) Various books, from the simplest mechanical manuals to the highest book, one purported to teach its reader how to become immortal.
2. In "The Secret Miracle," what happens to extend Hladik's life for a time?
(a) The Nazi's decide to postpone the execution.
(b) Hladik is able to escape for a while.
(c) God freezes time for a year.
(d) Due to a paperwork mistake, another man is killed instead of Hladik, and the mistake is not uncovered for some time.
3. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," what does the law student think he has done that causes him to live in exile with India's most wretched populace?
(a) Committed adultery.
(b) Killed a Hindu.
(c) Killed a Muslim.
(d) Committed blasphemy.
4. In "The Theologians," why is John of Pannonia killed?
(a) He dies in war.
(b) He kills himself in despair.
(c) He is labeled a heretic.
(d) He is accused of treason.
5. In "The Chamber of Statues," where is the king warned not to go?
(a) The Tower.
(b) On a ship.
(c) To a bazaar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Improbable Impostor Tom Castro," how does Tom make a living after he gets out of jail?
2. In "A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain," Quain's work can best be described as which of the following?
3. In "The Immortal," which of the following best describes the result of attaining immortality?
4. In "The Garden of Forking Paths," who has Dr. Yu arrested?
5. In "The Cult of the Phoenix," what is the Cult of the Phoenix?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)