|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the dress Love buys for Loma?
2. How does Grandpa describe the cars to customers?
3. What does Will do when he sees Grandpa kissing Love?
4. What does Loma do after the Christmas play?
5. What does Grandpa do when Love tells a woman that she only married Grandpa for the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Love tell Will she will do if Grandpa dies?
2. What does Grandpa decide to start selling at his store after his trip to New York, and how does he want Will to help him?
3. What does Grandpa do to prove his skill with a gun when he is being robbed?
4. What gift does Loma give to Will, and why?
5. What does Love do for Loma to make her happy after Camp's death?
6. What do Will and his friends do during the Christmas play to create scripted chaos, and how is this received?
7. Why does Love decide to not leave town like she had originally planned after Grandpa's death?
8. What is Will's punishment for creating chaos during the Christmas play?
9. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
10. What secret does Love tell Will while Grandpa is sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Grandpa's relationship with Love change over the course of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What secrets does Love keep during this book, and how has each of these secrets affected her life and her role in the book?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)