|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Grandpa leave to Love in his will?
2. Who does Grandpa call when he hears he will have to wait for a mechanic?
3. What does Grandpa say he saw Love doing one night before she suggested taking a trip?
4. Why did Grandpa stop sleeping with Mattie Lou?
5. Why does Loma think Love wants to take a trip alone with Grandpa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa leave to Will in his will?
2. What is Will's punishment for creating chaos during the Christmas play?
3. What does Love say she prefers to be called after her wedding, and how does Grandpa respond to this?
4. What does Grandpa get upset with Will for while they are working together in the store?
5. What secret does Love tell Will while Grandpa is sick?
6. What does Will see when he gets back to fix the radiator while on the motoring trip?
7. Why does Love say her first engagement was called off?
8. What does Love suggest using to plug the hole in the radiator?
9. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
10. What does Will overhear Grandpa tell Love while they are on the motoring trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What secrets does Love keep during this book, and how has each of these secrets affected her life and her role in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What does Will think is the difference between mourning and being in mourning, and how does this idea change his opinion of some of the people in his family?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)