|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will feel when Love touches him while they go out to see her horse?
2. What does Grandpa want used as his casket?
3. What does Will say is the worst injury to Grandpa after the robbery?
4. What does Love hint to Grandpa that she wants in the house?
5. How does Love help Grandpa with the business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Love tell Will while Grandpa is sick?
2. How did Grandpa find out that Love kissed Mr. McAllister, and why?
3. What does Love say to Mrs. Predmore when she talks about the quick marriage?
4. What happens when the robbers turn over the barrel with the coins in it?
5. Why does Love decide to not leave town like she had originally planned after Grandpa's death?
6. What does Grandpa decide to start selling at his store after his trip to New York, and how does he want Will to help him?
7. What does Grandpa leave to Will in his will?
8. What does Love tell Will she will do if Grandpa dies?
9. What is Will's punishment for creating chaos during the Christmas play?
10. What does Grandpa do to prove his skill with a gun when he is being robbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
What items were in Will's box at the end of the book, and what significance does each of these items have to him?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)