|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the first sermon at Grandpa and Love's house?
2. What is Miss Pearl's occupation?
3. How does Will feel after word gets out that he has been seen kissing a Mill Girl?
4. Why does Grandpa have the cars moved to the back of the store?
5. Who tells Mary that Will was seen kissing a Mill girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lightfoot tell Will when they go to the cemetery together?
2. What does Love say to Mrs. Predmore when she talks about the quick marriage?
3. Why does Love decide to not leave town like she had originally planned after Grandpa's death?
4. What prank does Miss Love pull while Grandpa is learning to drive?
5. What does Loma tell Grandpa when they are embracing after Camp's death?
6. What does Will overhear Grandpa tell Love while they are on the motoring trip?
7. What does Love do for Loma to make her happy after Camp's death?
8. What does Love do to calm Loma down after she sees the dress Grandpa bought for her?
9. What gift does Loma give to Will, and why?
10. What does Grandpa say before his trip alone with Love to make the entire town angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What secrets does Love keep during this book, and how has each of these secrets affected her life and her role in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book--especially as they relate to new possessions. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)