|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Love come from?
2. Why did Grandpa talk for his wife when she was sick?
3. How does Loma feel about her father's engagement?
4. What does Love tell Will to do if he hears people gossiping about her?
5. What does Will spend the day after his train experience doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
2. Why does Love tell Will she married Grandpa when she did?
3. What two things did Will see Grandpa do while his grandmother was sick that he had never seen him do before?
4. What is Will known as after his experience with the train?
5. Why has Lightfoot come to live in Cold Sassy?
6. How does Will feel just after the train passes over him on the trestle?
7. What do the boys eat while they are camping, and why?
8. Why does Grandpa not like going to church?
9. What does Will see as the difference between mourning and being in mourning?
10. What is the most shocking part about Grandpa Blakeslee's remarriage in Will's mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the important and unique details included in Grandpa's will, and what do these items reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Will and Grandpa are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text for support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)