|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the fancy visitor go after Grandpa comes back home?
2. What does Will call Love before she marries his grandfather?
3. Who offers Grandpa a horse?
4. Where does Grandpa Blakeslee get married?
5. To whom does Mary compare her father when she hears he has left to get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the fancy man comes to visit Love?
2. What bothers Will when he is helping Love clean the house?
3. Why does Grandpa not like going to church?
4. What does Hoyt tell Mary when he comes home from work at the beginning of the book?
5. What ended the romantic relationship between Granny and Grandpa Blakeslee?
6. What does Will do on the day he decides to end his period of mourning for Granny?
7. What is the most shocking part about Grandpa Blakeslee's remarriage in Will's mind?
8. Why did the men and women in Cold Sassy like Love before her marriage to Grandpa Blakeslee?
9. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say he is getting remarried?
10. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What items were in Will's box at the end of the book, and what significance does each of these items have to him?
Essay Topic 2
What does Will think is the difference between mourning and being in mourning, and how does this idea change his opinion of some of the people in his family?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)