|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's dog's name?
2. What does Will forget to do the day after his train experience?
3. In what state does this book take place?
4. How old is Will at the beginning of the book?
5. Why is Will so special to Grandpa Blakeslee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandpa not like going to church?
2. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say he is getting remarried?
3. What does Will offer to do when he hears rumors of Love, and what does she tell him to do instead?
4. What is the most shocking part about Grandpa Blakeslee's remarriage in Will's mind?
5. What ended the romantic relationship between Granny and Grandpa Blakeslee?
6. Why did the men and women in Cold Sassy like Love before her marriage to Grandpa Blakeslee?
7. What happens when the fancy man comes to visit Love?
8. What does Will ask Grandpa after he hears about the train, and what is Grandpa's response to this?
9. How does Mary respond when she hears that her father is getting remarried?
10. What does Grandpa say to the crowd after he returns from his wedding to Love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does the pursuit change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Grandpa's relationship with Love change over the course of this book?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)